Pest ControlGardening

Something is Eating My Tiger Lilies

What could be eating my tiger lily blooms? Just after they begin to bloom, they are snipped off just below the blooms.

By MrsMom from WI

If the leaves are just stripped, its rabbits, If the whole top is chewed off its deer! I am in zone 3 and they are terrible the past 3 years. I used liquid fence, and it works,but must be reapplied after every rain. I put out "scarecrows" that hook up to hoses and they figure out the coverage area and work around that too? They are clever! Move the scarecrow every few days and it helps. They cost about $80 each, I know, I know $! but they work to a degree.

I had my first year of dear nibbling on my daylillies this year! My son even got a picture w/his cellphone! In years past the neighbors had dogs that were a great deterrant, but the dogs are gone and so are my lillies! Good Luck!