Browsing: Storing Out of Season Clothing

Extra Storage Space for Out of Season Clothing

Use one of those storage boxes that can fit under your bed. I store out of season clothing there. Right now summer pajamas, shorts, short sleeve jerseys, bathing suits are stored in it. I'm sure you get the picture.

By Joesgirl

I do have a lot of clothes that I've accumulated over the years. I used to keep them in bins, but it took so many bins that they got cumbersome. So I came up with another solution so that now my clothes don't take up so much space and I can store them all in one or two bins.

I got the idea one day when I was using my food storage vacuum machine. I decided to try putting clothes in there and vacuuming all the air out. I had previously tried the so-called "Space Bags" but the air comes right back into the bags before long. I had even tried contacting the company, but in the end I had spent several hundred dollars on the bags and had the same problem with them all.

But the food storage bags keep the air out indefinitely! So I put one or two items into a bag and sealed it. It stayed small and flat all through the season. For larger items I needed larger bags. So I "created" some by cutting down one side of the roll and making a seal with the machine along the side and then again at the bottom. This way I can seal sweaters and such into them. And for coats I simply make even bigger bags.

By doing this I can store what used to take 5-6 large bins into what now takes only 1 large bin and one smaller bins.

I know this sounds like a lot of work, but in the end it's worth it. Now I have more space in my storage room and under my beds for other things. And I only have to do it twice a year.

Also, I am able to reuse these bags too as long as I cut close to the seam when opening.

Storing Out of Season Clothing, Stack of folded sweaters in different colors
Storing Out of Season Clothing
Organizing ClothingNovember 10, 2004
Organizing Your Storage
Getting the Most Out of Your Storage Space
Cucumbers on ice.
Freezing Cucumbers
Figs preserved in a jar.
Canning Figs
Organized Winter Sweaters
Organizing Seasonal Clothing
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 20, 2016 at 3:11:14 PM on 10.0.2.185 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.