Extra Storage Space for Out of Season Clothing

Use one of those storage boxes that can fit under your bed. I store out of season clothing there. Right now summer pajamas, shorts, short sleeve jerseys, bathing suits are stored in it. I'm sure you get the picture.

By Joesgirl

I do have a lot of clothes that I've accumulated over the years. I used to keep them in bins, but it took so many bins that they got cumbersome. So I came up with another solution so that now my clothes don't take up so much space and I can store them all in one or two bins.

I got the idea one day when I was using my food storage vacuum machine. I decided to try putting clothes in there and vacuuming all the air out. I had previously tried the so-called "Space Bags" but the air comes right back into the bags before long. I had even tried contacting the company, but in the end I had spent several hundred dollars on the bags and had the same problem with them all.

But the food storage bags keep the air out indefinitely! So I put one or two items into a bag and sealed it. It stayed small and flat all through the season. For larger items I needed larger bags. So I "created" some by cutting down one side of the roll and making a seal with the machine along the side and then again at the bottom. This way I can seal sweaters and such into them. And for coats I simply make even bigger bags.

By doing this I can store what used to take 5-6 large bins into what now takes only 1 large bin and one smaller bins.

I know this sounds like a lot of work, but in the end it's worth it. Now I have more space in my storage room and under my beds for other things. And I only have to do it twice a year.

Also, I am able to reuse these bags too as long as I cut close to the seam when opening.