Repairing Chipped Lacquer Finish on a Guitar

My son's brand-new, lacquered (a cream colour), Fender electric guitar accidentally slipped out of our car's trunk and landed bottom-edge first on the pavement! The guitar now has a couple of nicks and dents at the bottom edge, and one spot (about a half-inch-square) where the lacquer has chipped off and you can see the brown wood underneath. I was told this would cost $300. to fix! I thought of using porcelain repair paint (it looks like white-out), but am afraid to ruin the guitar. Any advice? Thanks very much.

By Annah from Toronto, Canada

Take it to a good furniture maker or cabinet maker and ask him to repair it, then buy your son a guitar case for Christmas and make him use it. I hope he has learned to be less careless with his instrument.

Man Playing Rock Guitar
Reparing an Electric Guitar
Home and Garden Repair Other Musical InstrumentsOctober 30, 2010
Porcelain Clawfoot Tub
Repairing a Chipped Porcelain Tub
Man Tuning His Guitar
Tuning a Guitar
Cigars in a Box
Making a Cigar Box Guitar
Granite Countertop
Repairing a Chipped Granite Countertop