Easy Meals to Freeze

I am in search of easy dishes that can be cooked and frozen to enjoy later.

Tina from Somerset, KY

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Best Answer

I always freeze spaghetti sauce. Reheats great, thaw for a few hours, and simmer. (doctor-up jarred sauce with meat, and veggies.)

I also freeze homemade soup after I cook in a crock pot all day. Add beef stock, meat (small cubes) any type of veggies, onion and spices. Enjoy the first day, and freeze in several containers. if the frozen soup is too thick after you defrost it, add two cups of water, and one bouillon cube. Presto! Instant meal when served with bread and salad. Cook noodles separately, and add last, otherwise, the noodles absorb all the liquid, and it will be gross.

Have fun. The most important thing, purchase good freezer containers, and then place in a freezer bag. Freezer burn is quite nasty.

Best Answer

I overcook so as to have leftovers. My oldest son has left the nest and I still don't know how to cook for three so I cook just like I used to and freeze the rest. I use the rubbermaid rectangle dishes and freeze everything from hotdogs to fried okra. He says everything tastes great. Good luck!!

Best Answer

You can freeze a pot of chili! It is even better after freezing and reheating. Just let it thaw a bit overnight in the fridge, then reheat slowly on the stove.

Check out these web sites...

http://www.30daygourmet.com/

http://organize  cook/index.shtml

http://www.moms  oking/index.html

http://www.frug  onth_cooking.htm

Hi

I love the friendly freezer group. It is a yahoo group that is very very active and there is a website that is owned by the group owner. I forget it exactly because I have it attached to all the emails i get I think it is friendlyfreezer.com but do not know for sure. Do look it up on yahoo groups I am sure that you will find it. The website has all the information you need to get started

Reva

I live alone but enjoy cooking large amounts of whatever I'm cooking. One of my favorite things to cook and freeze is beef stew, and it freezes well in quart-size freezer bags. This also works well for all kinds of soups and stews, chili, picadillo, etc. Don't pack the bags too full, get all the air out and they'll lie flat in the freezer. I usually put the bag on a plate or bowl and thaw in the microwave, then dump out of the bag and heat in the same plate/bowl.

All kinds of food works out well to freeze... grilled hamburger patties, meat loaf, etc. As monnat96 mentioned, it's very important to avoid freezer burn. Getting all the air out of the container is essential for this reason. Happy cooking!

lasagna
Freezer Meal Ideas
Food and Recipes Freezing Freezer MealsSeptember 30, 2007
Diced potato home fries.
Freezing Hash Browns
Man choosing meat.
Using Cheaper Cuts of Meat
Bowl of cream of tomato soup garnished with chives.
Freezing Tomato Soup
A mother showing her son how to crack an egg.
Teaching Kids to Cook
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 8:02:16 AM on 10.0.2.225 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.