Permanent Marker on Cement

How can I clean permanent marker off a cement wall?

Cristal from Ireland

It's my understanding from our local school who charged one of my children along with many other students who did this when they were very young, that it MUST be sand\blasted, the only restoration

Would you consider painting with masonry

paint? If so, one whole semi-affluent but older neighborhood solicited the work of a local artist(could have done it themselves, in my opinion) to paint various familiar signs/symbols from fingers pointing, and rainbows, to biker symbols in good strong colors for about 1/2 mile of brick wall fencing along a major street, rather than just making it plain.

It has become the most famous street painting in the north part of this large city, and actually has influenced traffic to slow down while they look at it as they drive by.

For locals residents, however, it's no longer "new", (although updated recently after about 10 years of weather beating, and now has more brilliant colors/sealed with something likely waterproof?) and has become almost a traffic hazard ! Can't have it both ways, I suppose? LOL

God bless you for trying the removal search first. : )

Home and Garden Cleaning StainsOctober 1, 2006
Permanent Markers
Removing Permanent Marker From Vinyl and Linoleum Floor
Permanent Marker
Removing Permanent Marker From Vinyl
A colorful wooden dresser.
Removing Permanent Marker from Wood Furniture
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from Plastic