LinksGeneral Parenting

Free Child ID Kit

Category Links

I have seen on the news that Hurricane Katrina left many children separated from their parents; I cannot fathom being separated from my son, and could imagine that I'd be extremely panicked and would be trying everything possible to locate him. I started thinking that a child identification kit would be a good thing to have on hand, just in case.

Being the thrifty gal that I am (or maybe just plain cheap?!), I hopped on the internet and typed in "free child id kit" on the search engine. I got many results, but the site I chose was http://www.klaaskids.org They offer up to 5 free child ID kits. All you need to do is fill out a short order form and they'll mail you the kit(s) free.

They'll also send you information on what steps to take should your child be abducted or missing. I would encourage all parents to take a few minutes to request this freebie. No one wants to imagine something terrible like separation or abduction happening, but isn't it always better to be safe than sorry? Hope this information is helpful!

Lisa from Kenosha

Thanks Lisa! :o) I think what you wrote about the child I.D. kit is the most informative letter I have ever seen on this site. It is so very important. Time flies so fast and we are all guilty of saying, "I'll get to it tomorrow", well, what if tomorrow never came?I work in an after-school program and I'll be discussing this Monday for sure(it is currently Friday evening).I immediately went to the site,lots of info. Thanks so much Lisa for sharing this valuable site.

Holly in Ga.