Rust or Mineral Stains on Laundry

The water we have coming into our home has rust in it. It is city water. It created orangish spots on our clothes (many friends suffer this same problem). However, the spots appear on browns, grays, and some yellows. They do not appear on reds, pinks, or greens. I have asked every professional and others how to get rid of this and no one has an answer. My washer is new so it is not the problem. Please help me if you can.

By DWNCH from Austin, TX

Talk to the city leaders or water dept about this, do not take no for an answer, they should fix it, good luck.

Go to your local hardware store and buy a product called Iron Out. A cheaper brand of the same product is called Yellow Out. It works. I was a nurse for 12 years and experienced many days of washing my white uniforms only to find them rust stained from when the water- mains in our town were flushed periodically. I was told to use Iron Out/Yellow Out and it worked perfectly.

Mineral Stains on Clothing
Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryNovember 11, 2009
Removing rust stains from a sink.
Removing Rust Stains from a Sink
Rust stains around tub faucet.
Removing Rust Stains from a Bathtub
Rust and Peeling Blue Paint on Car
Removing Rust from a Car or Truck
Cleaning Rust off of Metal
Removing Rust from Metal