Adding Fennel to Spaghetti Sauce

Have you ever heard of adding fennel seed to your homemade spaghetti sauce? Is it any good?

Thanks,
P.J. from Delaware

My mother has always adds it to her homemade sauce and it is great.

Fennel is one of the main spices used when making Italian sausage, it gives it that distinctive sweet flavor associated with Italian Sausage. I would think if you added it to a simple sauce it would give it a more well rounded Italian flavor. I usually use Italian sausage in mine so I don't add extra fennel, but if you were using other meat or making a vegetarian sauce I think a little fennel would give a more authentic flavor. Just my opinion of course!

This is a frequent ingredient of italian food and has a distintive licorice-like flavor. Some folks don't like that, but it's worth a try.

Oh I love it, it says to use in spaghetti sauce on the

spice bottle. My husband really liked it . I really like

in italian sausage try a little bit next time you make

sauce, and taste it! yum.I add a dash to my sauce out of the jar.

I use to watch my ex Italian MIL make sauce and see her use cinnamon and was told it brings all the flavors together, I am not familiar with the Fennel but thought it may be of intrest to you to know what the cinnamon can do.

Fennel seed, in our family, was always used in sauce for pizza. Havn't tried it in spaghetti sauce, but will. Thanks

Fennel gratin
Recipes Using Fennel
Food and Recipes Food Tips Cooking TipsMay 3, 2006
Peanut Sauce Recipes, Pork satay with peanut sauce dip.
Peanut Sauce Recipes
Fennel growing in a garden.
Growing Fennel
Fennel
Creamy Fennel Recipes
Fresh Fennel
Freezing Fennel
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 23, 2017 at 9:38:35 PM on 10.0.2.237 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.