Shake Your Clothes Out Before Drying

Simple tip to save energy and money when washing / drying clothes. After you wash your clothes shake your clothes out prior to putting them in the dryer. This will save energy and $ getting your clothes more dry. Also, if there is anything like coins, lipstick or crayons, this is an added prevention to prevent them from being dried too, and leaving more stains through the melting process.

By Gingerlilymay from Irvington, NY

Why? Two turns of the dryer drum and all the clothes are shaken out. Try it! Save your valuable time.

I shake my clothes out before putting them into the dryer and the clothes are not wrinkled when done. Before I started shaking them out, I would always have something that had been thrown into the dryer in a ball and would come out wrinkled and damp. It is a very good idea to shake first.

Folding jeans (denium), cords, carharts, or other heavy materials before drying, reduces wrinkles, and most of the unwanted creases that are heated into the materials by the dryer. I'm not sure how much money is saved by this, but it does save time when folding and/or ironing and hanging these items. It also makes clothing look alot nicer when wearing. This method is also refered to as training clothing.

Mom taught me this. Great advice! When the washer stops take each piece out like you're trying to shake the wrinkles out. I shake sheets and tops from two opposite sides. When the dryer stops take the clothes out right away and hang them on hangers. The person who said the tumbler in the dryer does the same thing is crazy. Think about it: The washer has just spun the clothes so hard and fast that they are plastered against the side of the tub & even have imprints of the holes where the water escaped! Shaking each piece out makes all the difference!