"Fruit" Growing on a Jasmine Plant

I have a Jasmine plant that I have had for two years. Last summer it bloomed beautiful little white flowers that were waxy to the touch - almost felt artificial. I brought it in during the winter and it lost quite a few leaves on the lower half.

This summer it did very well out on the deck and it bloomed like before, however, the flowers fell off shortly after they bloomed. Then a few weeks later, I noticed some fruit looking things growing on the plant (there are 4 of them). They keep getting larger and larger and I have no idea what they are. They started out green and now they have changed to a deep purple - almost black.

Can you please tell me what they are?

Deb from Iowa

this is what I found on the internet

Jasminum adenophyllum

A rare endemic in Meghalaya State (India). Spreading fast growing vine with glossy large 2-3" dark green leaves similar to leaves of Jasminum Rex. Flowers are large, 2-3" wide, with narrow curled petels and extremely fragrant. Flower shape resembles Michelia Alba flower. Black-blue berries size of a small grape appear after blooming which attract birds. This species is very hard to find.

the fruit appeared to look like grapes to me?

Is this what your looks like?

A Flowering Jasmine Bush
Growing Jasmine
Home and Garden Gardening AdviceSeptember 29, 2005
Zucchini Plant Not Growing Fruit
Zucchini Plant Not Growing Fruit
Apricots hanging on the tree.
Growing Apricots
Passion Fruit on Vine
Growing Passion Fruit
Picture of Jasmine from Aladdin.
Making a Princess Jasmine Costume (Aladdin)
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on October 22, 2016 at 5:30:41 PM on in 933 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.