Caring For Great Dane With Parvo

My great dane has parvo, we just got back from the vet. I was wondering if there were any tips anyone has for treating this at home. Does the bleach method work or is there anything else out there that works.

David from Yua City, CA

David,

I'm sorry to hear your dog has Parvo.

Bleach (diluted one part to 30 parts water) can kill the virus, but bleaching your entire home and property is a mammoth undertaking.

I strongly recommend that you download a free book that my wife and I put together. It's called Parvo Treatment 101, and you can get it from http://www.ParvoBook.com/ThriftyFun.

As for home treatments, you should check out two products called Parvaid and Vibactra Plus, which when used together, have a 90% success rate in saving dogs that have Parvo.

You can find out more about these products at either http://www.ParvoBuster.com/ or http://www.ParvoEmergencyTreatment.com/

In the meantime, you should make the Parvo Emergency Tea Recipe that you can find at http://www.ParvoBuster.com/parvo-emergency-tea-recipe.php, although the recipe is also in our free book.

I hope all goes well for you and your doggie - if you act fact, you have a good chance of saving him.

Best wishes.

Are you asking if you can give your dog bleach, the answer is a big NO!!! The bleach will kill the parvo in and around your home and property via mopping, spraying and wiping things down.

This is the 2nd time in a week or so that I've seen something about treating an animal infected with parvo by using bleach!

Are you sure that it is Parvo? IF it shows up on the vets test as light parvo, it might not be.

There is an illness called Dog Show Crud which mimics parvo with vomiting and watch for the key here...gelitinous like stools (at first)...then explosive. There may or may not be a touch of blood in the stool.

Do a search for Dog Show Crud on the internet--there will be many sites that come up. The problem is that many vets either do not know about this or do not accept that it is NOT Parvo but will offer an expensive treatment. Use 2 doses of Clavimox--from your vet. You may need a subcutaneous IV which is so simple that you could do this at home if your vet will show you. After one dose, IF it is not parvo, you may see a drastic improvement in your dog. This illness affects dogs, cats, livestock and even people according to the one site that I read.

This illness is a great killer of pups and can make a very healthy chubby pup look emanciated in a matter of hours.

I have heard of a local breeder here that routinely gives her pups-as they leave--and I'm sorry but I'm not sure of the exact name but a feed mill/farmer will know of this product..."calf bullets" for lack of a better description....they are in the shape of a bullet. Since this illness is a bacterial infection only, this possibly can help. This breeder cuts the 'bullets' to size for the weight of the pups she is giving it to..Calf Bullets are given to newborn/young calves that get diarreah which is common in calves and she has done this for years with her litters...so it must work.

This information is not to do with Parvo which is a deadly killer...but for this illness Dog Show Crud.

I've had it in my pups and its simply amazing how fast they turn around after even one dose of Clavimox. A noticeable improvement.

I wish the best for your dog.

When my Granddaughters dog got parvo she brought it to me. It was really sick. I researched a lot and this is what I found. I give it mega doses of Vitamin C, 2000 mg every 2-3 hours, Also flagl, an antibiotic. In between I gave it homemade chicken broth with an eye dropper. Today he is very healthy.

Great Dane
Great Dane Breed Information and Photos
Pets Dogs HealthSeptember 15, 2007
dog with parvo
Information About Parvo
A dog being seen by a veterinarian.
Can a Dog Get Parvo Again?
Sad looking Great Dane rests heads on paws with food dishes in the background
Great Dane Needs to Gain Weight
Puppy Smelling Flower
Getting a Puppy After Losing One to Parvo
🎉
🎄