Do Christmas Gift Giving Later

One way to save on Christmas gifts is to postpone your Christmas gift giving until right after Christmas. All the stores mark prices down tremendously and there is great savings to be had!

By Robin

That would be great if you could get "everyone" to agree to it!

Last year our families decided not to exchange gifts and just give to the little ones ... it worked out great.

Christmas dinner get-together is more important to us! The children and grandchildren are all grown and they buy what they want throughout the year. So we dote on the great-grandchildren.

We decorate heavy and are no Scrooge!

Christmas has gotten to commercialized and selecting unique gifts got to be a chore for everyone!

Merchants don't like to hear this!

When I was young, we each had our Christmas at our own home Christmas morning and then rushed to Nanny's house where Great Aunts and Uncles and everyone showed up for a gathering. We used to each bring a gift. Each year it changed. One year it was adults bring an adult gift, children for children. Then one year it was men and women and boys and girls. If you didn't bring a gift, Nanny usually had extra's to pitch in for ya! Each gift was given a # and then a piece of paper with that same # was put into a bowl. One at a time we each drew our # and recieved a gift. It was so enjoyable!

Because all of our family lives in different states, this year we finally got our siblings to agree to only exchange one family gift instead of buying for each person in our siblings household. I was surprised when it came time to Christmas shop, that I had little to do!

Our family and friends exchange gifts by using the http://www.elfster.com website. It is easy and fun to use. It really took away the stress of buying a gift for everone and brought a lot of fun to the holiday gift giving.

My girlfriends and I do Christmas in January. We have a nice potluck at someone's place, and then give each other gifts. When I host the potluck, I leave my tree up (as long as it is before Valentine's Day!)

It is really nice b/c we get better values by purchasing things on sale.Also, having a delayed gathering gives us something to look forward to.

Girl in Santa hat with arm load of gifts.
Christmas Gift Ideas
Holidays and Parties Christmas Gifts AdviceDecember 13, 2004
Man in a Christmas tree costume.
Making a Christmas Tree Costume
Fishing gear.
Making a Fishing Gift Basket
Boy Dressed as Christmas Elf
Making a Christmas Elf Costume
hands holding a wrapped gift
12 Days of Christmas Gift Ideas
🎄