PregnancyParenting

Trying to have baby?

I am currently trying to have a baby. Just wondering if there is anyone else that is trying and would like to email support and such.

Thanks,

Liz from ontario

Editor's Note: We have removed Liz' email from this post so that it will not be dredged by spammers. If you would like to contact her directly, click here to let us know and we will give you her email address. If you have any general tips for trying to conceive a child, feel free to post them below.

we tried and tried for our second child for about five years...previously I had to have an ovary and fallopian tube removed on my right side due to a cyst...my doctor performed a hysterosalpingogram to be sure that my other tube and ovary weren't affected (blocked) and wouldn't you know it, I was pregnant the next month! This was an outpatient procedure which only gave me mild discomfort. Have you already consulted your doctor about trying with no success? I had the procedure done in May and found out I was pregnant in June. My third child came soon after and unexpectedly! Good luck to you. I hope your doctor can help.

i am single never married. i have also had a hysterectomy. i always wanted to get married and have a baby.

i will be praying for you that you are able to concieve.

the other option i am sure you have heard is adoption. being single i didnt feel it would be fair for me or a child to be a parent. but i would encourage you to consider adoption.

I used a basal metabolism thermometer and became pregnant when I wasn't supposed to according to the thermometer.

So don't wait until the temp on the thermometer says it's "ok".

Also, a friend of mine couldn't stay pregnant because she didn't have enough estrogen or other appropriate hormrones.

Something you might want to ask your doc about.

Try every other day from about 8 or 9 days from the first day of your period (the sperm can live in your system for about 5 days if memory serves me correctly and your partner will need to replenish so trying daily won't do you any good). If that fails, talk to your doctor. He or she can schedule some tests it could be as simple as endometrosis. Most of all relax, it is very frustrating but it can have a happy ending. My husband and I tried for over a year, spent another year and half enduring tests and surgeries but we now are the proud parents of a 20 month old son and his sibling is due in October. Best of luck to you!

Please, please, please check out http://www.fertilethoughts.com and click on the tab for bulletin boards. You can look all over the site to see which specific bulletin boards are most interesting and pertain to you. You will find a huge source of information and experience there.

I have a niece who has tried for 7 years or longer with no luck.She's been to fertility specialits, had different procedures,and really discouraged. The last part of this month ,they will try artificial insemination,as a last resort.The doctor will harvest and implant up to 3 eggs --no more--in an attempt to get at least one that will attach.It is a really costly procedure-$8 thousand-- and would have been an impossibility, but fortunately there are banks who will loan money for the procedure and that's how they are paying for it.We're all hoping and praying for at least ONE but THREE would certainly be a triple blessing!!I am writing to let you know that there are financial options to help childless couples have children.Good luck and God bless you.

Yoga.

I WENT TO A HERBAL MEDICINE STORE AND BOUGHT A CAPSULE CALLED MACA WHICH BOOSTS OVULATION. YOUR MATE CAN TAKE IT AS WELL. I GOT PREGNANT QUICKLY AFTER TAKING IT.

(sent by email)

Good luck, we are currently trying for our second. We weren't even trying when we got pregnant with our son, so now after about six months of trying with no luck, I know how discouraging it can be. I haven't asked our doctor about our options, I did talk with him and let him know that we were trying when I had my last pelvic exam. And he said everything looked alright, but I just thought it would be easier. I was able to save some money on early detection pregnancy tests though, so I will pass that on to you, those things can get so expensive, I went to http://thepregnancyteststore.com.

I was able to get 5 tests shipped to me for under 11 dollars.

They also have great values on ovulation test, and you can get a better deal if you buy a kit.

Keep us posted on your progress and best of luck!

First of all let me say that I have neverr been pregnant, but here is my suggestion. I have endometriosis and as a result for years have had to keep up with my cycles for my GYN. From what I understand you are most likely to be able to get pregnant the 14-16 days of your cycle. Count from the first day of your cycle and then you should be most fertile the 14-16 days. That's just my suggestion.

There is also something about temperature but since I haven't been trying to get pregnant I'm not that familiar with it.

I hope you have a very good and understanding doctor. That couldn't hurt.

I have this website that works great. It has a ovulation caculator, just enter the last day of your missed period, and it'll give you the most fertile days. Good luck! It works for me. http://www.preg  y-calculator.php

Can someone help. Me and my husband have been trying to conceive now for about a couple of months for a second baby. Yet to succeed. But last month my cycle came on Dec. 14 and I have a 31- day cycle. I was told by my OB to have intercourse from Dec. 23-30. We did exactly that and more. Sometimes we had intercourse 2-3 times a day. I felt myself ovulating- through terrible period cramps and back pains along with it. But I was wondering how soon could you tell if you're pregnant? I'm due to go to the dr this Fri-Jan.11. I already took 3 HPT-dollar store tests and they all came back negative. So I was wondering should I wait to go to the dr. or how soon could I take another one?

Hi,

Yes I am trying to get pregnant know for almost a year. Been on clomid for 5 moths. Went to see a fertility Doctor last month, ovulated and did the baby dance on the times. All so positive, and last night I started to menstruate. )-; So my heart is broken.