Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Ink on Microfiber Furniture

How do I get ink (black) out of my brand new microfiber sectional couch without harming it?

By Cody from Salt Lake City, UT

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By christiet01/10/2014

On our medium brown microfiber couch, my son saturated(!) black ballpoint pen in several spots - probably about 8 inches in diameter total. It came right out with aerosol hair spray rubbed in with a dry white cloth. Amazing!

By Dofzion199804/01/2011

I want to thank everyone for their suggestions on how to get ink out of the microfiber couch. We just purchased a brand new set and while we're paranoid that the little ones will ruin it, I accidentally got ink on it. I knew my husband would flip (he wasn't home at the time) and I ran online and came across this website. I had read that rubbing alcohol and hand sanitizer would work, so i was getting ready to try that until somebody suggested a baby wipe. I pulled one out and began rubbing the ink spot and it came right out!! So thank you, thank you, thank you! You're a lifesaver.

By jassy [1]03/12/2010

My daughter colored on my micro fiber sofa with a black sharpie, I got it out (all of it)with a tooth brush and 409 and blotting with paper towels. it took a little effort but it came out. Love my micro fiber there has not been a stain I could not get out. Only wish my carpet was the same way. Good Luck

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Ink on Microfiber Furniture

Request:

How can I get ink out of my microfiber sofa?

Marjorie from Staten Island, NY

Answers:

There is a cleaner just for microfiber that we received from Rooms to go when we purchased our furniture but you can also get it from bed bath and beyond. You just place the cleaner on there an rub it out with a towel, it should disappear. I wrote on the couch accidentally while writing thank you notes, it came right out.

Post by amy (Guest Post)(/font)

Archive: Ink on Microfiber Furniture

I have a sage green microfiber love seat. I have some small blue ink streaks on it. How do I remove them without harming the material?

Jo from Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada

Answers:
RE: Ink on Microfiber Furniture 03/13/2006
I have had good luck with using powdered "Oxy Clean" to get rid of ink out of a synthetic carpet. I mixed a spoonful into a cup of warm water and dribbled it on the stain. (The stain was months old and the size of a quarter.) I then started blotting it up, not rubbing, with a white towel. I did this several times, dribbling on more Oxy Clean as needed. It kept coming up and coming up. I then gave it a good dose of solution again and let it sit overnight. By morning, the stain had disappeared! It did not remove any color from the carpet.

This solution dribbled on spilled wine makes it disappear just like on TV. I was amazed. I have had similar luck on other fabric items and clothing. I WOULD recommend testing on an inconspicuous area first.

Good Luck!

By Jill from Burlington, IA (Guest Post)
I believe what you are suppose to use on micro fiber for stains is rubbing alcohol. You put it on a clean white cloth, then on the fabric and it should come off and then the moisture should evaporate and get dry on the fabric after cleaning.
By Cin (Guest Post)
I was with my son when he purchased his microfiber set, the salesman demonstrated with rubbing alcohol, took out several things, even magic marker.
By Mary, Crown Point, IN (Guest Post)
RE: Ink on Microfiber Furniture 03/14/2006
My friend has 6 kids and white microfiber furniture, when she told me she's gotten tomato soup, crayon, and ball point pen out with a rag and water - I purchased 2 sage green microfiber couches a week ago! The sales lady told me to start with plain water, if that doesn't work try Ivory soap in any form-liquid or bar as it has no ph and won't leave a water ring. Also, check if you have a warranty - for $50 per couch if there's ever a stain I can't get out, they'll send someone to my home to clean it. If they can't get it out they'll, replace the couch free for the next 5 years.
By mom2_5
My friend has 6 kids and white microfiber furniture, when she told me she's gotten tomato soup, crayon, and ball point pen out with a rag and water -I purchased 2 sage green microfiber couches a week ago! The sales lady told me to start with plain water, if that doesn't work try Ivory soap in any form-liquid or bar as it has no ph and won't leave a water ring. Also check if you have a warranty- for $50 per couch if there's ever a stain I can't get out, they'll send someone to my home to clean it. If they can't get it out they'll replace the couch free for the next 5 years.
By mom2_5
RE: Ink on Microfiber Furniture 03/15/2006
Try a little rubbing alcohol. If that doesn't work, use hair spray (aerosol, not pump).
By Pam (Guest Post)
RE: Ink on Microfiber Furniture 03/25/2006
My Dog chewed up a pen on my 2000 dollar microfiber couch. I tried Bissell stain cleaner with no luck then I read this thread and tried rubbing alcohol its amazing something so cheap and simple did the trick. Thanks guys!
By Conrad (Guest Post)

Archive: Ink on Microfiber Furniture

I have a microfiber couch, my granddaughter got purple marker on it, the company I bought it from told me to use baby shampoo to clean it.

Archive: Ink on Microfiber Furniture

I have a microfiber couch, my granddaughter got purple marker on it, the company I bought it from told me to use baby shampoo to clean it...

Archive: Ink on Microfiber Furniture

How do I clean a spot made by a ball point ink pen on microfiber furniture? What should I use to clean that spot?

Archive: Ink on Microfiber Furniture

My son colored our cream microfiber couch. I heard Windex will remove ink, but how do I go about cleaning it? Scrub with a washcloth? Blot?