Wildlife: Woodpecker

My hubby made this swing birdfeeder that we hung up that morning. A short while later we saw this woodpecker eating my homemade suet cupcake that I had put in the feeder. It looked like he was enjoying his breakfast for he stayed a good long time.

By Jackie

You should post the pattern and instructions on the bird feeder on TF and earn yourself some $. It's adorable.

What a great idea for a bird feeder! And what a lovely pic!

Thank you for sharing.

I agree, I'd love to have the instructions!

March 28, 2011 Flag

Wildlife: Male Woodpecker

A male woodpecker out in the woods where my friend lives in Tennessee. Isn't he handsome!

By Monique from Somerset

Answers:

Wildlife: Male Woodpecker

Very handsome, indeed! I live in the heartland, and our woodpeckers look like that, too. (03/20/2010)

By WildIrish

Wildlife: Male Woodpecker

Gorgeous photo! And I love the composition, off to the side. Very artistic! Thanks for sharing! (03/21/2010)

By PainterLee

March 28, 2011 Flag

I had just put out some fresh suet that I made in the morning, and these two woodpeckers kept vying for a spot on the feeder. This is not your typical suet feeder, but I like to use it because the squirrels can't get into it. I just cut smaller pieces and smash it down and they can't get enough! The second photo is a male red-bellied woodpecker.

By Robbie

Wildlife: Woodpecker

Wildlife: Woodpecker

Answers:

Wildlife: Woodpecker

Great pic! Love the feeder. I have had to buy the "hot" suet to keep the squirrels away now, I'll get one of this kind of feeder so I can get any kind. Thanks for sharing. (12/17/2010)

By simplify

Wildlife: Woodpecker

That is awesome. I have never seen a woodpecker up close before. Occasionally I will hear one, but not very often. (12/17/2010)

By Beth

Wildlife: Woodpecker

Great photo! I have never seen a feeder like that but would love to have one. Where did you find it? (12/17/2010)

By downy1959

December 17, 2010 Flag

This is one of the woodpeckers that comes to our birdfeeder. Being a regular we named him Floyd. He loves the suet and will not touch normal bird seed. He will stare at me through the window if the feeder is out of suet until I replace it.

By Myst

Wildlife: Woodpecker

Answers:

Wildlife: Woodpecker

Wow that is so beautiful. Good luck.(10/19/2010)

By maphisx7

Wildlife: Woodpecker

What a great picture! I live in an area where we see a lot of migrating birds; and woodpeckers are some of them! They are such great variety and colors; I have always loved seeing them, and am amazed at their versatility. I got a huge woodpecker "log" type food for them from my grange for only $6.99; it has to have at least 3 lbs or more of various seeds and suet for them. I had it in my tree and a few got to it, but I hung it on my fence to make it easier for them to find and to see them better!

What fun it is indeed to feed the various birds! My neighbor and I were out today for about 90 minutes just enjoying seeing the various and variety of birds as they came to eat. She comes over almost every afternoon and said I never imagined that I would ever be bird watching! It is so much fun! I laughed and told her: free to! Free entertainment! And so stress free and relaxing! (10/19/2010)

By MzScarlett

Wildlife: Woodpecker

Just love the photo, God's animals all have different personalities (I think) and it seems that your Floyd knows that you are a keeper in his book and I am sure that he is in yours too! Thanks for sharing! (11/25/2010)

By Paula Jo Carr

October 19, 2010 Flag

A woodpecker at my feeder. I put out cornbread, fruit, and sometimes wheat bread I make in the machine.

March 4, 2010 Flag

This little woodpecker lives in our tree that sits in our front yard. He can sure make a racket sometimes, but isn't he cute?

Woodpecker
Woodpecker Photos
Photos WildlifeMarch 28, 2011
Squirrel eating a flower.
Protecting Bulbs from Wildlife
Raccoon looking for goodies in a waste bin
Protecting Wildlife from Your Garbage
A chaffinch sitting on a rock by a garden pond.
Keeping Ponds Safe for Fish and Wildlife
Pond Fish
Protecting Pond Fish From Wildlife
🎄