Have Toilet Necessities Accessible for Guests

As a courtesy to guests who may need to make use of your bathroom facilities, store extra toilet paper, deodorizing spray, a toilet plunger, a roll of paper towels, and bowl brush in an easily accessible place. From my own experience, I know it can be embarrassing to have to ask for these items in case of a little "emergency".

By Sandy from Elon, NC

So right you are! The reason I went to the dollar tree and bought a plunger and a brush with holder (got those at Ikea for a song) for each (3) bathroom. That way I don't have to drag a brush from room to room for cleaning and no one has to drip a wet plunger through the house. We also have "p**p and spray" cans on each toilet, to save people (and the rest of the house) the embarassment (get a good quality, kill the odor, ex Fabreeze, don't buy the cheap dollar tree ones for that).

I love orange spray for on the spot deodorizing. Mine is called Citrus Mist. It just neutralizes the odor with a temporary orangeness. I don't think the tangerine works as well.

I keep a drawer of "girl stuff" available also for visitors.

Preparing Your Home for Guests, A guest room in a home.
Preparing Your Home for Guests
Organizing BathroomApril 16, 2009
Bar of Soap Stuck in a Toilet
Bar of Soap Stuck in Toilet
Man installing a toilet.
Installing a Toilet
Toilet Brush Head
Toilet Brush Head Stuck in Toilet
Saving Money on Toilet Paper
Saving Money on Toilet Paper