Storing Suitcases

When packing my suitcases back into the closet after a trip, I put those fragrance paper inserts (stuck inside Sunday's store flyers) inside. When I open the suitcase the next time it smells so nice!

By Wendy from Crete, IL

Hi Wendy.

I have done the same thing over the years, but I

like better keeping a bar of TONE soap wrapped in

a clean washcloth and fastened with a large safety

pin in every piece of luggage we use. TONE soap is our soap of choice for several reasons, and we don't use any other. When traveling, we take a bar with us wherever we go, and it keeps our suitcases nice

and fresh smelling all the time between use.

The washcloth provides a nice way to take it with

you when you leave the hotel too. Just wrap the

wet soap in the washcloth, pin with the safety pin unless the pin has been used for something else in the meantime.

(happens more often than you might think).

Happy traveling to you,

Julia in Orlando, FL

That suit case could be filled with items that need to be stored for later usage, such as out of season clothing or out of season bedding.

I use Bounce or Snuggle dryer sheets. We store our luggage in our garage, and I believe the dryer sheets also keep the the insects and critters away!

storing luggage
Storing Suitcases
Organizing StorageNovember 16, 2005
Canning Green Beans, Freezing Green Beans, Growing Green Beans, Storing Green Beans, Drying Green Beans
Storing Green Beans
Grapfruit wedge with grapefruits in the background.
Storing Grapefruit
Whole limes and limes cut in half.
Storing Limes
An old suitcase sitting open.
Removing Odors From a Suitcase