Avoid Rust Rings from Shaving Cream Cans

To save your bathroom tub from getting rust rings on the edges from shaving cream cans, place an old coaster that is not being used anymore on the edge of the tub then place the shaving cream can on top of it. No more rust rings to scour out!

By Rachel from Pine Brook, NJ

I use one of those little tubes for canned drinks. A can of shave cream fits perfectly and no rust rings. I have heard them called "cozies."

I found some small rectangular plant holders in a pretty print that matched my decor. I placed three alongside my tub, lined with an absorbant shelf liner, and now all the bathroom junk goes into the planters and is hidden from view.

I use plastic lids from bread crumb containers, marjarine containers, any lid actually, which is large enough to fit the bottom of the can. They can be rinsed out when soiled and reused.

LI Roe

3 fantastic ideas from Rachel, Joanfry, and MartyD! So many times I've read to paint the bottom of thee can with clear nail polish, but I tried that and it didn't help at all! The nail polish wears off in no time and the rings are back.

My favorite of these is the tube for the canned drinks. The tube also makes it easier to hang onto the can with wet and soapy hands.

Thank you all for the great tips!

I paint the bottom edge of the shaving cream can with clear finger nail polish to prevent the sink/bathtub rust rink.

There is a new product called Rust-O-Less. Cheap, simple and works. Plus it is reusable.

I recently redid my bathroom with marble. I bought two, one for the Barbarsol Foam and one for the gel Gillettes. They will save me a lot of money in the future.

June 21, 2010 Flag

Turn shaving cream cans upside down after you use them in the shower. Then they are sitting on the plasic lid-no rust rings!

Or:

Lids from margine tubs make an almost invisible coaster in the shower for shaving cream cans.

By Linda

Answers:

No More Rust Rings From Shaving Cream Cans

You can also paint the rim with clear fingernail polish to prevent it from rusting. (01/31/2005)

By Cheryl from Missouri

"use clear nail polish&quot. What about the color of nail polish that was given to you that you hate or the color that you just do not use any more? This is a good way to use them up. (02/01/2005)

By valleyrimgirl

Home and Garden Cleaning BathroomJune 21, 2010
Shaving Cream on Black
Cleaning With Shaving Cream
Rust and Peeling Blue Paint on Car
Removing Rust from a Car or Truck
Cleaning Rust off of Metal
Removing Rust from Metal
Homemade Shave Cream
Homemade Shaving Cream Recipes
🎉
🎄