Thrifty Entertainment

I like to note all the restaurants in my area that have "Kids Eat Free" nights and capitalize on those. I also arrange play dates around the summertime "Free Summertime Movies" at our local theatres. Everyone you take will get in free, then they usually have a small "Child's Treat" tray for $3 that comes complete with popcorn, small candy and drink.

Another thing we do is trade off DVD's with our friends, we buy a few and they buy a few - not duplicating. Then, we can share and not see the same thing. It's alot cheaper to buy the DVD's than take a family of 3 or more out to a night at the movies! Even going to a matinee and buying no food will cost you a minimum of $30!

By Jamie from Benton, AR

My grandson and I have started renting from Red-Box. $1 a night. The same movie rents for $2-$3 across the street. Red-Box sends you special codes for free rentals.

They have also started renting games.

You can do even better if you borrow movies from the library. At ours we can keep for a week. Also a Netflix membership is as low as $7.99 a month and movies come streaming to you tv or tablet or other devices. No reason to buy movies and have to store them

Parents and Child Playing a Video Game
Spending Less on Entertainment
Entertainment Frugal FunJuly 8, 2011
Free Entertainment Ideas, Mother and Daughter Playing in a Fountain
Free Entertainment Ideas
Woman playing Wii
Saving Money on Wii Games
man playing guitar
Saving Money On Wedding Entertainment
Satelite dish against a tree in background.
Saving Money on DirectTV