Whipping Cream Pound Cake

Easy, beautiful, and so good!

• 1 cup butter, softened (2 sticks)
  • 3 cups sugar
  • 6 large eggs
  • 3 cups sifted cake flour
  • Ad
  • 1 cup whipping cream
  • 2 tsp. vanilla extract
  • powdered sugar to dust cake

Directions:

Beat butter at medium speed until creamy. Gradually add 3 cups sugar beating well. Add one egg at a time, beating after each addition. Add flour and whipping cream to creamed mixture alternately. Begin with whipping cream and end with four. Mix until blended after each addition. Stir in vanilla.

Pour batter into a greased and floured 10 inch bundt pan. Bake at 325 degrees F for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan; let cool completely on wire rack. Sift powdered sugar over cake.

Servings: 12
Time:20 Minutes Preparation Time
1 HOUR 15 MIN. Minutes Cooking Time

Source: Old Family Recipe

By Judy from Thomson, GA

Judy, when I read your recipe, I would have known it was "an old family recipe" from someone, as so few of today's cakes will go so far outside the limits of calorie counting, and your recipe is just the kind of cake we all like best. Nothing that comes out of a box will ever taste as good as a cake made simple with real old-fashioned ingredients. No cutting corners here.

It reminds me of my Mother's Sour Cream Pound Cake which she and I made regularly for years. She liked to do the beating all by hand, and I was the one doing the sifting, measuring and washing up.

There was always good cake for anyone to stop by and have a hot cup of tea, coffee or a cold glass of good homemade iced-tea to wash it down with. Just a good old southern tradition.

Thank you for sharing your recipe. I'll make this with pleasure. Forgive me if I add about 1/2 tsp orange extract in with the vanilla. :-)

Pookarina

Pound cake is one of my favorite cakes, no matter what flavor or kind it is. My own Mother used to make one that used buttermilk, and I wish now that I'd asked her for the recipe. I just never thought about it.

Thank you for this one Judy. It sure sounds good.

StarWarsCollector

This sounds so good! Can't wait to try it. Thanks for sharing!

Peg

Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts CakesFebruary 14, 2011
Pound Cake on Wooden Table
Pound Cake Recipes
Heart Shaped Bavarian Cream
Bavarian Cream Recipes
A bowl of whipped cream.
Keeping Whipped Cream from Separating
Banana Pound Cake
Banana Pound Cake Recipes
🎄
🍂