Resetting Your Analog/Digital Converter Box

We're switching from analog TV to digital TV reception by way of those converter boxes that the government is advertising. It's a way of still using your old analog TV when the TV switch to digital occurs in Feb 2009.

I bought a converter box with a government coupon in the Spring of 2008 which is probably no longer available (the DTA800 by RCA). Plugged it in and it worked OK, then the next day I figured it should be programmed properly. Big mistake (channel changing was now via the volume button and it went down hill from there). Called Customer Service and was told how to reset the box. I am posting this re-set info, because I am thinking this is going to happen to a lot of people and this message may save some hours and needless aggravation.

To re-set the converter box: Push the STANDBY button for 15 seconds. Unplug the box from everything for 15 minutes and take batteries out of remote. Plug everything back in, put batteries back into remote.

By Holly from Richardson, TX

Thanks loads for this tip. I have the converter box but haven't connected it to my TV yet - I think I'm dreading the time when I do because a local TV man told me that I won't get as good reception as I was without it! I have an antenna, tho, in addition to my satellite so I can get local channels, so I'll have to have the box whether I want it or not. Thanks again and God bless you!

Digital Converter Box
Using a Digital Converter Box
Entertainment TelevisionSeptember 15, 2008
Film Slide
Converting Slides to a Digital Format
Cat in Litter Box
Cat Not Using the Litter Box
Family Taking Digital Photos
Transferring Digital Photos to Your Computer
A trunk for putting congratulations card into at a wedding.
Making a Card Box for Your Wedding