Sending Someone Fresh Salsa

I am wanting to send some fresh salsa to my nephew in college. How do I send it fresh without having to can it which would mean having to cook the salsa (therefore not being fresh).

Thanks,
Robin from Swanton, Ohio

I guess I would try freezing it and sending it in a cheep little styro sixpack cooler. He must be a special nephew, to get such preferential treatment! You could use an unopened bag of chips to insulate the box.

I only will eat fresh myself. Lucky nephew! :) How about just putting it in a thermos like container and shipping it to him overnight. The faster it got there the less chance of it becoming rancid in the process.Or maybe even vacumn packing it and getting ahold of some of those refridgerator bags to pack around it.

Good luck!

My thought was if you make it fresh, pack it in a styrofoam container (leakproof) with some dry ice, and then send overnight, it would probably make it fine. Lucky Nephew.... if you don't have anywhere else to send that yummy salsa, I'll give you my address!

I suggest packing in dry ice.

Do you make homemade chips, also!

You're quite an Aunt! He probably rates you a Gold Star

one!

Dry ice a must. Tomatoes go bad if not refrigerated after cutting. A real health concern if not shipped in dry ice. Dry ice will freeze it.

Food and Recipes Recipes AdviceAugust 28, 2007
Bowl of salsa surrounded by tomatoes.
Mild Salsa Recipes
Bowl of salsa with ingredients in background.
Dry Salsa Mix Recipes
A jar of homemade salsa.
Freezing Salsa
thank you note ideas
Sending Thank You Notes
🎉
🎄