Getting a Mustard Stain Out of a Nylon Jersey

I got a two HUGE mustard stains on my Nylon Basketball Jersey! I tried scraping it off, but instead it just smeared. Then I put warm water on it, and very carefully used one of those Tide To Go bleach pens, which only took a little bit of yellow out. Then I washed it, and when it was done, the stain didn't look any different.

The next day I took it to the cleaners so they could try and fix it, but the stain still didn't look any different! The cleaning lady said she would try again. So now I'm here asking: Is there any way to get out a set in mustard stain out of a nylon jersey without using bleach? I can't use bleach because the jersey is reversible, and is green on the reversible side.

Allison from Pasadena, TX

My standby that never lets me down is soaking the stain with "SHOUT" (I use the squeeze bottle, not the spray) and rubbing the stain with a bar of Sunlight Soap. I do this a number of times before I wash the item (about 3 times within a couple of hours) and the stain always comes out! This has worked with previously laundered items too, so I hope it works for you!

See my response to getting stains out of dish towels. it will work here too.

if you have a dollar tree go there and buy las totally awesome and it is for laundry stains. Spray on and use the trigger to rub out stain should work if not they sell the works sink cleaner that always works and another thing you may have in garage is simple green for automobiles etc. My laundrymat owner friend uses that for all stains!

Mustard instantly stains the minute it touches anything. I think I would try rubbing fels naptha bar soap on the stain or some of the blue Dawn dishsoap. Be sure anything you use does not have bleach in it. Because a lot of different things have been tried and the jersey has been dried, it may not come out now. Good luck.

As a mother of 5 teenage boys, I deal with mustard stains all the time! I think they drink the stuff! Spray it well with Spray N Wash with Resolve (no, I don't work for them, just think they have a great product), then sprinkle the area with plain white sugar and rub it in. Let set for about 15 minutes, then launder as usual. The stain should come out.

Try glycerine from the drug store. It comes in a small dark bottle and is around 2 or 3 dollars. It worked for me.

Sandy/Pittsburgh

Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsJanuary 18, 2008
Man Holding Burger with Mustard Stain on his Tie
Removing Mustard Stains from Clothing
Open glass serving glass of mustard with white plastic serving utensiles.
Homemade Mustard Recipes
Honey Mustard Dip Recipes
Honey Mustard Dip Recipes
🎉
🎄