"Honey Do" Hammer
This is a woodworking project. Great gift for dad for Father's Day. Just slip that list of projects into the clothespin. And don't forget to put at the end of the list something like, "There's a piece of apple pie in the fridge with your name on it!"
- pine board, 1X6X12 inches
- snapper type clothespin
- acrylic paint in brown and black
- white medium paint pen
- wood glue
- scroll saw or jig saw
- zigzag hanger
- optional: router with round-over bit
The instructions are also in a PDF file for which you may need Acrobat Reader to view. Download Acrobat Reader
Click here to download the Honey Do Hammer instructions in PDF format.
- Using the template, trace hammer onto pine board. The PDF includes a full size template for the hammer.
- Cut out and sand all surfaces lightly. Slightly round edges of the handle only. You can use a router with a round over bit for this step, but if you don't have a router, just sand the sharp edge until slightly rounded.
- Mix medium brown paint, approximately one part paint to 5 parts water, in a shallow container.
- Dip a rag or sponge into mixture and apply to the front, back, and edges of the hammer. Let set for a couple minutes and then wipe dry with a soft cloth. Let dry completely.
- Paint the hammer head and the clothespin black and let dry.
- Glue the clothespin in place, using the picture as a guide.
- Print "Honey Do" on the hammer head with the white paint pen.
- Attach hanger to back of hammer head as shown.
By Harlean from Hot Springs, AR
About The Author: Harlean Greathouse is a mother of three who has been married for 45 years. Long time readers of ThriftyFun will probably recognize her as Harlean from Arkansas, the name she has posted under as a valuable member of the ThriftyFun community. She specializes in wood crafts and enjoys designing crafts using recyclable materials, knitting, crochet and has been an arts and crafts vendor for over 35 years. Harlean has a CD available with 11 unique crafts designs for only $5.00 (including shipping). For more information visit:
April 27, 20100 found this helpful
That is adorable!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 24, 2016 at 3:34:37 PM on 10.0.1.236 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us