Repairing Inlaid Leather Table Tops

By Patricia Cossart 2

I have a round leather top coffee table and over the years it has been badly marked up. Is it possible to repair at home or does anyone know where to have the top replaced?

By Patricia from Albany, NY

By lynda 44 257 Flag

Yes, if you are an expert with an exacto knife, know glues for leather VERY well, have much experience with finest, thinnest book/table leather, AND have the exact color of leather to patch with (if needed), or the EXACT set of marking/paint pens from Hobby Lobby with which to use the various paints to retouch tiny nicks/dents/hairline scratches/ errors.

I'm NONE of these things, but one day, perhaps this Summer or Fall, I will attempt to repair an extensively

damaged totally leather, exquisite when new, drum table that looks like it's full of hard-backed books, but is

multi-colored leather in a hidden door/cabinet beneath it!

I'll wish you luck and you pray for me. If I ever get it done, and it's a success, I'll share it on ThriftyFun.

God bless you and help us both? : )

P.S. I've placed this whole article in my Favorites file for future reference and additional info. You might want to do the same?

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Archive: Repairing Inlaid Leather Table Tops

I have two lamp/side tables that have inlaid leather table tops. Through years of neglect one of the leather tops became un-attached and shrank. The other is still attached, but is badly discolored and stained with white ring marks. Is there any way I can repair these tops or should I just scrap it?

Paula from Globe, AZ

Feedback:

Home and Garden Repair Furniture TablesFebruary 22, 2010
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Edge of a brown leather couch
Repairing a Leather Seam
Man Repairing a Shoe
Repairing Shoes
Old leather Couch with missing button
Repairing a Leather Couch
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 4:38:16 PM on 10.0.2.180 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings