Repairing Inlaid Leather Table Tops

I have a round leather top coffee table and over the years it has been badly marked up. Is it possible to repair at home or does anyone know where to have the top replaced?

By Patricia from Albany, NY

Answers

Yes, if you are an expert with an exacto knife, know glues for leather VERY well, have much experience with finest, thinnest book/table leather, AND have the exact color of leather to patch with (if needed), or the EXACT set of marking/paint pens from Hobby Lobby with which to use the various paints to retouch tiny nicks/dents/hairline scratches/ errors.

I'm NONE of these things, but one day, perhaps this Summer or Fall, I will attempt to repair an extensively

damaged totally leather, exquisite when new, drum table that looks like it's full of hard-backed books, but is

multi-colored leather in a hidden door/cabinet beneath it!

I'll wish you luck and you pray for me. If I ever get it done, and it's a success, I'll share it on ThriftyFun.

God bless you and help us both? : )

P.S. I've placed this whole article in my Favorites file for future reference and additional info. You might want to do the same?

Answer

I have two lamp/side tables that have inlaid leather table tops. Through years of neglect one of the leather tops became un-attached and shrank. The other is still attached, but is badly discolored and stained with white ring marks. Is there any way I can repair these tops or should I just scrap it?

Paula from Globe, AZ

Answers:

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Home and Garden Repair Furniture TablesFebruary 22, 2010
Before photo of painted laminate countertop.
Polishing Counter Tops
Recycled Summer Top
Recycled Summer Tops
fresh carrots with tops
Crispy Carrot Tops
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 24, 2016 at 11:07:10 AM on 10.0.1.200 in 454 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.