Mold on Vinyl Flooring

We recently had to take up some wood subfloor in our kitchen because it had gotten wet and moldy. We were able to take up the vinyl top floor without damage. It, too, had some wetness and mold on the underside. We have aired it out on a porch and applied bleach, but while the mold is gone, the odor is not. Our contractor says it's no big deal, but I am concerned because it still smells moldy. Is there a way to get rid of a mold smell on the back of vinyl flooring? Thanks!

Best Answer

I agree with the vinegar. It has helped me a great deal. I would also try sprinkling baking soda on top of the vinegar and laying the vinyl out in the sun for an hour or so. You can chemically treat this kind of mold by visiting Lowe's or Home Depot. My husband bought a product for our "windowless" bathroom which had mold on the ceiling and it worked great.

I had to do clean up after water flooded my house and I read that vinegar is great to use. Cheap and cleans and disinfects. The vinegar smell doesn't last long. Leaves a fresh fragrance.

Hand wearing pink glove scrubbing white vinyl floor with blue sponge.  Black bucket with green cloth in the background
Cleaning Mold on Vinyl Flooring
Home and Garden Home Improvement FlooringSeptember 4, 2007
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Cleaning Linoleum Floors
Photo of spring cleaning supplies.
Cleaning Tar Off Vinyl
Removing Mold from Boat Seats
Removing Mold from Boat Seats
Bathroom with vinyl flooring.
Removing Stains on Vinyl and Linoleum Flooring
🎉
🎄