Step-On Light Switch for Tree Lights

A step-on light switch for your tree lights is worth every penny and saves crawling around on the floor to plug in lights!

By Linda

Where can I find these and who makes them?

I plug my tree lights into a power strip that I set on the floor, and then without shoes on, I can turn it on and off with a toe. The only time it goofs me up is when the grandchildren have messed with it and got it out of the exact right place.

Michelle - we got ours either at CVS or Home Depot about five years ago and it's still going strong. It couldn't have cost any more than five bucks back then; now, if you Google 'em they seem to be going anywhere from 7.99 to 14.99 on average; lots of different manufacturers.

We started off putting it right under the tree; the switch we have is that "Christmas green" so it doesn't stick out like a sore thumb. The past couple of years, though, I took it up off the floor and positioned it on an end table, buried behind some holiday greenery--can reach it right from the couch now!

Holidays and Parties Christmas Decorations TreeNovember 30, 2004
Family Working on Hanging Outdoor Christmas Lights
Hanging Outdoor Christmas Lights
Light Switch
Repairing a Light Switch
Best Christmas Light Shows. House decorated in white Christmas lights
Best Christmas Light Shows
Oregon Zoolights
Saving Money on Christmas Lights