Things To Consider When Drying Clothes Outside

Drying clothes outside saves you from using the dryer. However if you are not super careful you could end up spending a fortune as well.

So many people as they grow older end up with severe allergies. Allergies can kill a person. So if you dry your clothes outside how much pollen ends up on them? How can you safely remove it? Thinking ahead can save you so much time and effort. Also the threat of a bee may be stuck in a pants leg or hide in a shirt. When you unpin your clothes you may never see these creatures but they may be there and it would just be your luck it stings the one person in the family who is allergic to bee stings.

So I am proposing that once you take your clothes off the line and shake them well that you run them through a short cycle in the dryer to remove any pollen and to hopefully pull those nasty bees out of your clothes.

I have used this method and it does work. You can see from the lint trap the pollen that has gotten on the clothing and you may even see a dead bee when you remove your clothes.

So please, for those you love, be sure to take special precautions as you line dry your clothing because an emergency room visit can cost you up to $500.00 before you leave the hospital.

By Gem from VA

I never even thought of this, and our son is terribly allergic to bee stings and most pollens. He has grown out of a lot of his allergies, but he does sneeze a lot during allergy season still, so I'll be more careful from now on.

Thank you so much for the excellent advice.

Pookarina

Just an add in. I always shake the line, really good, while the clothes are still hanging, before I take them down. That way, the creatures will either leave on their own or be shaken to the ground.

Anonymous

Excellent tip, Gem! This is one of those things that most people just don't think about and take into consideration.