Peanut Butter For CD Scratches - Categories:

OtherRepair

Peanut Butter For CD Scratches

To remove scratches from CD's, smear peanut butter on the CD, and wipe clean with a soft cloth or coffee filter. Scratch is gone, and it plays like a charm!

By Momof1 from Wilkesboro, NC

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

Why would you waste food to buff a CD? In my town there is a used music store that will buff two CDs a day for free.

I would use the peanut butter, because I live 11 miles from the nearest town, plus I would have to travel another 40 miles to find a place to remove the scratches.

What a great idea! Thanks!

Its more worth it to just use a dab of peanut butter than it is to use the gas to get to the music store and back :)

I couldn't believe it but the peanut butter for scratches worked at least for the one I just tried it on. Always remember not to clean CD around in a circle, but wipe from inside to outside of CD.

I tried to do it, it didn't work but I think its because I rubbed in a circle so I'm going to try it again, hopefully it will work.

Worked for me, and I used crunchy because tha'ts all we had. I just used my finger to smear it on and paper towels to wipe from the inside out to wipe it off. It still looked like there were small scratches from wiping it off but it plays just fine now.

I tried this as an experiment and I got amazing results. I even scratched it with a key and it worked!

It didnt work for me, I've tried 5 times now. What a waste of time.

This always did wonders for my disks http://howtofixstuff.blogspot.com/2012/01/how-to-fix-scratched-cd.html especially the shoe polish

Home and Garden Repair OtherAugust 14, 2007
peanut butter bars with chocolate and bacon
Peanut Butter Bars Recipes
Making a Peanut Butter Snail
Making a Peanut Butter Snail
Jar of peanut butter surrounded by peanuts.
Homemade Peanut Butter Recipes
Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies
Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookie Recipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 22, 2016 at 9:41:25 PM on 10.0.0.67 in 910 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.