Share Crafts
Ask
Share
Newsletter
Account
About

Peanut Butter For CD Scratches

0EmailPrintFollowSave

To remove scratches from CD's, smear peanut butter on the CD, and wipe clean with a soft cloth or coffee filter. Scratch is gone, and it plays like a charm!

By Momof1 from Wilkesboro, NC

By

By samaree 5 126 08/14/2007 Flag

Why would you waste food to buff a CD? In my town there is a used music store that will buff two CDs a day for free.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Jean (Guest Post) 08/14/2007 Flag

I would use the peanut butter, because I live 11 miles from the nearest town, plus I would have to travel another 40 miles to find a place to remove the scratches.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By surfer1 (Guest Post) 08/14/2007 Flag

What a great idea! Thanks!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Kim McGrantham 16 160 08/14/2007 Flag

Its more worth it to just use a dab of peanut butter than it is to use the gas to get to the music store and back :)

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By sillygirl1717 (Guest Post) 08/14/2007 Flag

I couldn't believe it but the peanut butter for scratches worked at least for the one I just tried it on. Always remember not to clean CD around in a circle, but wipe from inside to outside of CD.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By rebecca (Guest Post) 08/12/2008 Flag

I tried to do it, it didn't work but I think its because I rubbed in a circle so I'm going to try it again, hopefully it will work.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By (Guest Post) 12/07/2008 Flag

Worked for me, and I used crunchy because tha'ts all we had. I just used my finger to smear it on and paper towels to wipe from the inside out to wipe it off. It still looked like there were small scratches from wiping it off but it plays just fine now.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Chris R. (Guest Post) 02/14/2009 Flag

I tried this as an experiment and I got amazing results. I even scratched it with a key and it worked!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By anon-271666 (Guest Post) 02/26/2009 Flag

It didnt work for me, I've tried 5 times now. What a waste of time.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Ben Borgman 12 01/12/2012 Flag

This always did wonders for my disks http://howtofixstuff.blogspot.com/2012/01/how-to-fix-scratched-cd.html especially the shoe polish

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Post a Comment