Wet/Dry Mop Reviews

Has anyone had any luck with any of the new wet/dry mops. If so, what brand do you recommend? I have a swiffer sweep and vac (and I love it), but I need a quick wet mop to clean up after 2 messy boys. The rag mop and bucket just takes too long!

Any ideas?

StephB from Missouri

I own a Swiffer mop as well, but I got tired of buying refills. I purchased a mop with a set of three microfiber pads. You can either rinse them in water or cleaner. I'm going to use a spray bottle filled with some detergent once my original cleaners are gone. Now if you sew...you can sew the velcro on microfiber cloths and make your own.

I used to own both the Clorox brand and Swifter brand wet mops. Refill cost got way out of hand. I bought a ACT Natural microfiber mop on EBay for $20 almost two years ago. LOVE IT! In fact I check ebay often and bought another one for my upstairs. These are a great brand reccomended by The Queen of Clean. I recently bought a pet pad off ebay also. Same brand. Can't say enough good stuff about it. Washes clean in the washing machine, picks up great dry. It comes with a high quality adjustable height handle (I'm tall so I love this), and two pads, a blue one for wet mopping, and a green one for dry sweeping. Hope this helps.

Jane

I have tried the products you named, and for me a sponge mop and bucket are the fastest. I toss the water on the garden afterward and there are never any refills to buy. No dirty water in my sink either.

I love my Swiffer WetJet mop! But, I agree the refills can get quite expensive. I have found that Dollar General and Rose's stores are the cheapest place to get them around here. I work in a large retail chain store, and even with my discount, I can't afford to get them there, but DG and Roses have made it better.

I have found that the bottles of cleaner actually last quite a while, so that helps cut down on the cost.

Consumer Advice Product Reviews CleaningJuly 26, 2008
Photo of a yellow rubber glove.
Making Your Own Clorox Ready Mop Pads
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
Spin Mop
Spin Mop Product Reviews
🎄
🍂