Friend Needs Disposable Bags After Colon Surgery

I have a friend that recently had colon surgery and she is in need of disposable bags, she does not have insurance and she needs the help. Anybody know of any help out there for her?

By Sylvia

My Husband just went through this. Medicare paid for it. I suggest she call her local office. I hope she is doing fine.

Check online auction sites or websites, as one possibility, as I've sometimes found various other new, sealed, medical supplies for a fraction of the cost of local medical supply stores. Also, ask on the local Freecycle if someone has some packages of the bags that they no longer need. (Sometimes their colostomy was later reversed or whatever.) Your friend might also ask local medical supply stores if they provide any help for hardship cases without insurance, even if it's only a discount. There may also be forums on the internet where colon surgery patients provide emotional support and information for each other, and someone there may have just the information your friend needs. I'm so glad she has you for a friend, your friendship is going to be very high on the list of 'supplies' she most needs during her recovery!

My husband had colon cancer surgery in 2006. Fortunately as a retiree he was covered by medicare and our supplement. He had his colon rejoined after 6 months ane we had a lot of ostomy supplies left over. I was told by the surgeon that there is help through the hospitals for those with no insurance and I should call the nurse who helped us with the care and changing of the bags. She was out of town so we put them on freecycle. Tell your friend to contact the hospital and then if he or she is under 65 to check with the Medicaid office. There has got to be some help somewhere. Contact Edgepark or Convatec... they are major suppliers of ostomy supplies. As a last resort she could put a request on freecycle. The local churches might be of some help too.

Go to www.ostogroup.org. They help uninsured people with ostomy supplies

In Canada your Health Nurse often has supplies that are no longer needed by people who's surgeries were reversed.

Consumer Advice General AdviceMarch 24, 2008
Oranges in Mesh Bag
Uses for Mesh Orange Bags
Dog After Surgery
Feeding a Dog After Surgery
Colonix
Colon Cleanse Product Reviews
disposable razor
Uses for Disposable Razors
🎄
🍂
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 22, 2016 at 6:15:01 PM on 10.0.1.81 in 977 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.