Suggestions for a Large Kibble Dog Food

Can anyone help me? I would like to know the name of a dog food that has large kernels. Every brand I have used has small kernels and they just keep falling out of the jowls of my Great Dane and Great Pyrenees. I sure would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks and have a great day.

By Willi from Calgary, AB

Hello Willi. A lot of dog food brands have a unique product for "large breed dogs." In my experience, considering the brands I've tried, most of these kernels are indeed bigger and more suited for huge breed and huge jowled dogs.

(I have English Mastiffs, the younger is nearly 4 years old and 190 pounds and the elder is 6 1/2 and over 220 pounds. And I swear, each pair of their jowls seems to each grow larger every month!)

I'm not qualified to recommend one brand above another, but I would look for a brand that caters to the larger and largest breed dogs for your Great Dane and Great Pyrenees "fur kids". I'm laughing with you - not at you - as I type, but if I gave my dogs "little dog" kibble, I'd be mopping up the floor, the walls, and the ceilings . . . and I don't wish that fate on anyone with huge breed, hungry, dogs!

Good luck and happy eats for your fur babies!

I would email or call a few Great Pyrenes rescues and ask what they recommend. They know that breed inside and out and can probably give you several good suggestions for food to try. Here is a partial list I found online:

I have a male boxer that has trouble keeping the kibble in his jowls. We got a BIG dish to put the kibble in and most of it falls back in the dish. He eats it over and over. :)

Royal Canin has breed specific kibble. They also have large breed kibble. It is a very good kibble.

Pets Dogs AdviceMarch 5, 2011
Cooking eggs for a large group.
Cooking Scrambled Eggs for a Large Group
soft cat food
Feeding a Cat Soft Food
dog food outside
Keeping Birds Out of Dog's Food
Spice Rack
Starter Spice Rack Suggestions