Prevent Laundry Basket from Slipping in Car

I am a teacher and am always transporting stuff back and forth to school and my car can get cluttered very easily. My pet peeve is to hear things sliding around in the back of my SUV.

So I took a laundry basket to organize all the (necessary) junk in my car. Umbrellas, book bags, sun visors, etc. and I put Velcro strips on the bottom of the basket. It is the kind that has a sticky back and not the sew on type. The Velcro grabs the carpet in the back and won't let it slide around. Love it!

By Sweetie6116 from GA

COOL! I *hate* to hear things rolling around too!

Such a neat idea!

I don't have anything to add to or about the hint, but about 2-1/2yrs ago, my husband & I purchased a range rover, range rover HSE & ever since then, i have no problems with things sliding or falling over, even on the seats. I do not know why this is, but it has something to do with the balancing & stability of the vehicle. So for those of you, when you are going to purchase a new vehicle. I would shop for something that has these characteristics. If I ever buy another car, I'm going to put something on the back seat before I take a test drive.

Solved my problem. I never thought of this.

It's a little expensive to my already stretched budget, but I bought a bath mat - the type you put in the tub. My laundry basket doesn't move! When I am finished using it in my car, I will use it in the tub!

Organizing Your Car
Organizing Your Car
Organizing AutoMay 13, 2009
Fishing gear.
Making a Fishing Gift Basket
black Velcro being pulled apart
Cleaning Velcro
Woman Separating a Velcro Strip
Uses for Velcro
Blue velcro in a strip.
Repairing Velcro
🎉
🎄