Beautiful Fall Thanksgiving Wreath
Welcome your guests to a Thanksgiving meal with a homemade wreath for the season. You can make your own and then you can reuse it year after year.
- grapevine wreath or wire frame and grape vine to make your own
- artificial decorations such as fall leaves, wheat, apples, etc.
- hot glue gun
- wire cutters
- Hang your grape vine wreath up somewhere you can easily work with it.
- Pick out the artificial items to use in the wreath. I used mostly apples, fall leaves, dried wheat, and dried hydrangeas, but the options are endless. Other ideas to use are pomegranates, oranges, pears, artichokes, or whatever your heart desires!
- Using wire cutters, separate your artificial leaves into smaller workable pieces. To prepare something like apples, you will need to put some hot glue on the end of a pick and stick it into the apple. The other end of the pick can then be inserted into the wreath. These larger items, however, should be left until just about last to add.
- Begin filling in your wreath by placing hot glue on the end of the artificial pieces, and then inserting them into the wreath. You can choose to do one side, all over, 3/4 of the wreath... just be creative.
- Occasionally you need to step back to inspect your work to make sure it is taking the shape you desire.
- Attach larger items such as apples last so they do not get lost.
- Hang the wreath on the door for your special Thanksgiving guests to see and make sure you tell everyone that you made it! At the end of the season, store in a wreath box or a plastic bag until next year.
By Jayme from Harrisonburg, VA
By guest (Guest Post) Flag
November 26, 20080 found this helpful
Looks professionally done! Great job!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on December 1, 2016 at 3:32:57 PM on 10.0.0.163 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us