Decorating a Powder Room

I am trying to decorate my guest powder room. It is kind of small with a pedestal sink, toilet and 1 towel bar. I am looking for a little floor cabinet or etagere, something simple, to store things in i.e. cleaning supplies, lotions, toilet paper, etc. Do you have any suggestions?

Onesummer

When we re-did our bathroom, we replaced the cabinet with a mach larger one with room for storage - but you could just put the cleaning supplies in a large decorative wasterpaper basket next to the sink. Or find a large basket with a lid.

We too have a small bathroom. What I did was get one of those wire shelves and put it high up (above my husbands head) on the wall and I keep a few towels & wash clothes neatly rolled up, and I keep one clear plastic container with cleaners, and one with the lotions & stuff. It's up and out of the way, but within reach.

What about the shelf stand that fits over the toilet? I have one that has one open shelf and two with sliding doors.

It might be possible to build a 3 or 4 sided shelving unit underneath the pedestal sink, out of laminated plywood. (Similiar to a hexagon shape, but the angles would form a half circular shape.) It could be a free standing unit so you would be able to move it if necessary. Then hang skirting around it that coordinates with your bathroom.

Any ideas on how to clean/remove spots and stains from very old floor linoleum? It is the style installed in the 20's-30's that covers the floor with a pattern. It also has dried paint splatters on it.

In our powder room, We put up a nice oak cabinet on the wall above the toilet. Usually you see them over the toilet but they could go on another wall. It is an almost perfect match to the oak vanity. It has two doors and shelves inside and then an open shelf area under the two doors. It is sort of like a medicine cabinet but deeper. I find it handy for keeping OTC medicines, extra rolls of TP and the like. You can even store something on the top of it. We found it at Home Depot and it was around $65. It looks really nice while being very useful too!