Use A Hair Dryer To Heat Up Cold Body Parts

This is for the Budgeting and Financial Tips for the new year. We are soon to be strapped with incoming bills from our expenditures from gift buying for Christmas. Thus you will be looking for ways to cut back on your spending, usually with your heating consumption (or so it is at my house).

I have come up with a alternative idea to heat my body up quickly and WITHOUT turning up the furnace's thermostat. Thus my husband is happy and our check book doesn't run into the red with the high cost of our heating bills! This tip is also for anyone who "lowers their thermostat" in order to save money on their heating bill.

When I get cold or come in from the outside and need to knock the chill off my bones, all I do is sit (in my easy chair) with a BLOW DRYER plugged in beside it. I turn it on blowing the hot air on the part of me that is cold. Within just a few minutes, my body is again warm, that is until the next time I feel a draft at which time I turn the blow dryer back on (me) again. My husband stays comfortable, I get warmed up quickly and our furnace stays off saving on our light bill.

I am anemic with circulatory problems and stay cold 24/7 so this helps my old bones out tremendously in staying warm in the winter months.

Have a great year.

By Paula Jo Carr from Mebane, NC

Try ginger pills or ginger tea, too.

how about taking a sock and filling it with rice. sew the end up or tie a knot in it. then put the sock in the microwave for a minute or 2. you can wrap it around you or lay it on top.

i am in process of making a bag for the dog bed. she has arthritis and i will just lay the rice bed in her bed.

My husband always has cold feet, so when it gets to be TOO cold for him, he uses my blow dryer on high heat for a few seconds in each shoes and puts them on again. Quick and effective!! Beats setting them in front of a sunny window like he used to until I told him to try this. He's sold on the idea!!

this reminded me of a time years ago we went to a dinner theater...that was for some reason SO COLD IT WAS PATHETIC.

I kept running to the ladies room and standing under the hand dryer LOL

It worked!!

What about a heating pad? It seems like you could leave it on low until you needed it and then warm up like that.

----> I USE A HEATING PAD... IT WORKS GREAT! (& no noise) plus, mine came with a shut off timer, just in case you fall asleep while warming up!

We use the sock filled with rice idea and my kids love it. Try drinking a cup of hot/warm water too. When I first heard of this, I thought it would be to plain to enjoy but hot water tastes just fine.

Adjust a home's thermostat.
Frugal Tips for Keeping Warm in the Winter
Better Living Frugal Living TipsJanuary 8, 2007
Photo of an angel craft made form used dryer sheets.
Making Dryer Sheet Angels
Watering Flowers
Helping Your Garden Beat The Heat
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
🎉
🎄