Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

Set in Gum on Clothing

I need some hints on how to get chewing gum out of a shirt after going through the dryer.

By Diana from Birdsboro, PA

By kathyww0903/05/2014

Any ideas from 2014? Or anything not mentioned yet?

By Marjorie C. Woodworth [82]02/17/2011

Place shirt in a plastic bag and put it in your freezer until the gum hardens and you should be able to scrape it off the fabric.

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Set in Gum on Clothing

I need help, I washed and dryed a load of clothes and then found the gum. Well I've removed it from the dryer with WD-40, but I can't get it out of some of the clothing items. It's no longer a chunk of gum, it's set into the fabric and is very stiff and looks stained. Any ideas on how to remove it? Thanks! Beth

Archive: Set in Gum on Clothing

I need help, I washed and drIed a load of clothes and then found the gum. Well I've removed it from the dryer with WD-40, but I can't get it out of some of the clothing items. It's no longer a chunk of gum, it's set into the fabric and is very stiff and looks stained. Any ideas on how to remove it?

Thanks!

Beth