How to Unblock a DVD Player

Does anyone know how to "unblock" a DVD player? My husband hit the eject button to remove a DVD we had watched. He removed the DVD and the door closed and now it says "Blocked" The only thing it will allow us to do is turn the power off and on. We've tried unplugging it hoping to reset it but to no avail. The manual was of no help either. Any suggestions on how to unblock it would be appreciated. Thanks!

Angela from Wilkesboro, NC

Try this website out; there's directions given with explanation of why it got blocked. Click on the link in this website. Hope your problem is resolved.

If you have the manual, check for a phone number you can call or a website that you can contact for help

I have looked on the internet and can't find a reference to "UNBLOCKING", only to "UNLOCKING" and I doubt they are the same thing. I would contact the dvd manufacturer about this. Wishing you luck!

Home and Garden Repair Electronics (Large) DVD PlayerApril 30, 2008
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from a CD or DVD
DVD Player
DVD Player Tray Won't Open
CD Player for Audio System
Buying CD Player for Audio System
SanDisk Sansa
Using a SanDisk Sansa Clip+ Player