Fundraiser Ideas for Volunteer Work

Some of you may know that I have spent the past 6 months in Vietnam working in orphanages. I am now back in the states and am trying to fundraise to return to Vietnam to work at the orphanages and day center for kids with disabilities. I wanted to know if anybody has any ideas on how I can fundraise in the next two months?

Stella from WA

Best Answer

What a great thing you are doig! I can't help right now financially since we are about to adopt our second child, but I can give you fundraising ideas.

Ask at various stores if you could put a box or jar there explaining your cause. The box or jar is for donations.

Have a bake sale.

Christmas ornaments are always popular gifts for people to buy--make a bunch and sell them.

Well, my hamburger is burning --gotta go.

Stella: I am sorry I don't have any ideas for you but I want to be the first to pledge a donation to whatever fundraiser you do have. I think you're a marvelous young woman for doing what you have been doing for the past six months and for wanting to return.. Please keep us posted on your plans & let me know how I can get a donation to you... Anita from Montclair, NJ

Thank you for your Ideas and the offer for a donation. All donations can be sent to:

SKBN (South Kitsap Business Network)

P.O. Box 2398

Port Orchard, WA

98366

Please make checks out to SKBN, these donations are tax deductible.

Long shot, and not too much time remaining (and Tacoma, not Kitsap), but perhaps, just perhaps, you may find some fundraising support from someone within Tacoma's Lincoln District, now known also as Tacoma's International District (http://www.tacomabusinessdistricts.com/districthome.asp?district=12) which has become a focal point of the Vietnamese community and home of Tacoma's TET festival. Just an idea - and there is contact info in the link. Or, you know, if someone from your group of great friends would even raise a donation jar during un-related events like last Friday evening (if authorized, I can picture one or two of them doing it), I'm sure some strangers would feel good throwing a few bucks in! Also, since I generally tend to forget about mailing-in donations, I think mentioning that on-line donation link is worthwhile (unless there's some down-side of doing that here of which I'm not aware.) Wishing you best of luck and good fortune.

Group of people having a fundraising carwash.
Fundraiser Ideas
Better Living Charity FundraisingOctober 22, 2006
Arched window on a building with the words "Community Center"
Community Center Fundraising Ideas
The word Fundraiser printed in red inside a red square outline against a white background.  A human hand is pointing at the word
Church Fundraiser Ideas
Setting Up a Carpool to Work, Man Getting in Work Car Pool
Setting Up a Carpool to Work
Volunteer Tree
Getting Rid of Volunteer Trees
🎉
🎄