Browsing: Uses for Leftover Cereal

Using it Up: Leftover or Stale Cereal

Ideas and tips for leftover or stale cereal. Post your ideas below!

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

I save the little bit left over from breakfast cereals in a baggy in the freezer. Rice crispies, corn flakes, bran work well. Anything but sweetened cereal.

I then pullverize 1/2 cup at a time in the blender as a healthy addition to waffles or pancakes. You can also add it to the tops of muffins (mixed with butter and a bit of brown sugar for muffins) or yogurt.

Anyway I use it up is a money saver :-)

By Lisa

Using it Up: Leftover or Stale Cereal

Have you ever gotten to the bottom of a box of cereal only to find out that it is a bit stale? Using your food processor, pulverize and add 1/3 cup of the cereal to a recipe of bread in your bread maker. You will not be able to taste the staleness. Sometimes I pulverize more than I need and place the cereal in freezer bags instead of waiting for it to go stale. Happy eating.

By Joesgirl

Also very good as casserole topper

My Sister-in-law uses Kelloggs Frosted Flakes on top of her potato casserole. Surprisingly, it's not bad, it gives it a little something extra in taste.

Use all of the little bits of left over cereal in the bottom of the boxes as toppings on ice cream. Kids love it and there's no waste!

By Vicki Burt

I sprinkle it on my deck rail for the birds/squirrels to eat.

I use stale cereal crushed in my meatloafs instead of crackers or bread... For left over cream of wheat I put it in a pan and chill it until firm. then cut into squares and dip in flour...fry in butter until browned on each side...serve with butter and syrup....great for breakfast. You could also use it a you would polenta

With cheerios, I actually fry it up with a little butter and salt and give it to the family as a treat instead of popcorn. An old family trick that tastes great.

I just love stale cereal on it's own, it's much more chewy and flavourful than normal cereal.

Did you ever try Grape Nuts for topping on Ice Cream? Yummy!!

Uses for Leftover Cereal
Uses for Leftover Cereal
French toast made with leftover bread.
Uses for Leftover Bread
Recipes Using Stale Bread, Slice of Bread on Cutting Board
Recipes Using Stale Bread
Stale Bread
Freshening Stale Bread
Stale Coffee Beans
Uses for Stale Coffee
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 18, 2016 at 4:49:05 PM on 10.0.2.224 in 5 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.