ThemesDecorating

French Bistro Style Kitchen

I want to create the look of a french bistro in my kitchen/dining area but, I'm at a loss. What colour for the walls and any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Irradiate

Hi, you can go to Hobby Lobby and look at their displays and get some ideas. If you don't have Hobby Lobby, then you could possibly look in Ikea, Pottery Barn ect. Look thru magazines and books. My sister in law just painted her walls a light colored taupe and put out bistro looking things. Good luck.

Village wallcovering puts out a product called PaperIllusion, and it comes in a bunch of colors. It's faux finish wallpaper with a twist. You tear it into peices, dip it in water and apply it to a primed wall, or countertop, or cabinets and it has an amazing faux finish effect. I've used it myself and love it. You can check it out here: http://www.wallpaperillusions.com/

Otherwise I've seen some neat wallpaper & border patterns in a book called Le Bistro by Carey Lind. If you want to browse the book, you can find it here for a great price: http://www.wallpapertrends.com/

I hung black and tan awnings in the kitchen (everyone told me I shouldn't put awnings inside, but I did it anyway and they look fantastic:), and a red and black swag with tassles over the bay window. My accents and dishes are red rustic, and the chairs are black rush seats (the kind that looks like woven straw). I took a lot of my ideas from the restaurant "Tre Vigne" in the wine country - and it really came out looking very French Bistro!

Anyone know where I can get indoor kitchen awnings or who makes them? I am trying to cover the tops of three windows that curve in a slight half circular shape in my kitchen. The home is in a Paris decor and the kitchen is bistro decor. Indoor awnings would complete the look. Any one have any ideas?

I went on HGTV's website and they have a listing for Bistro Awnings. Simply fabulous and seems easy to follow the step by step instructions. The fabric shown is not French country, but I plan to use a fabric that has taupe and deep cranberry stripes to capture the French country look. I was also considering doing a rooster theme and you can find rooster toille fabric and do that. Just sharing some of my own ideas that can benefit others. Feel free to share any ideas on cost effective fabrics and other sites that offer great pictures of French bistro style to keep those creative juices flowing

I am just about finished with my bistro cafe kitchen and we are trying to finish up the awnings. We are making our awnings out of curtain rods that seem to be working very well. I am looking for vinyl black tablecloths to finish up the awning.Or some other material that will be sturdy enough. The ideal color I am looking for would be black and ivory wide striped vinyl. Have not found yet? Anyone had luck in material? Thank you and good luck I love my Bistro Kitchen.

Hi I am looking for some ideas on how to decorate my kitchen in a french cafe style, does anyone have any photos or no where I can find photos to get some ideas

Thanks Please send them to hayleighshalos AT aim.com

Hi, I really need some advice on decorating my kitchen French Bistro-style. I live in an apartment and cannot change the wall colors or the cabinets. I have a place above the cabinets that I have placed wirre roosters. I was wondering what color table cloth to use until I can get a bistro table and chairs. i am thinking white. and adding color. Also what type of art should I use? I like Suzanne Etienne artwork and can get a couple online. Can I mix and match french chef and Roosters? Copper and baskets and ceramic? Help! Where can I find great pictures? thanks.