Triceratops Costume

This Halloween I did not prepare a costume in advance, planning on not dressing up this year (very much against my character). So at the last minute (Halloween night at 4 P.M.) I decided to throw something together. This costume is cheap, easy, quick and uses stuff most people have laying around there house.

• large piece of cardboard
  • packing tape
  • crayons (or paint)
  • Ex-acto Knife
  • pen
  • piece of yarn

Directions:

1. I looked up a picture of one of my favorite dinosaurs, the triceratops, on the internet before I began. First you need to draw the outline of the dino head on the back side of the cardboard. Once it is the way you like it, use and ex-acto knife to cut out your design.
  2. Now use the crayons to add color and depth to your dino.
  3. Next you need to cut out 3 horns, one smaller and two larger. Once you have those the shape you like use the packing tape to tape them in place, one piece of tape on each side of the horn.
  4. Cut your eye holes (you can also do this step before you put your horns on which may be easier depending on your cutting utensil).
  5. You can either hold this mask up when you want to, or you can take a piece a string and thread it through the eye holes and tie it behind your head. I found, having long hair, that tying it back into a high pony tail helped keep the mask on.
  6. If you end up making this costume before the night of Halloween you could paint the cardboard and it would stand out more!
  7. For the feet, cut them out of cardboard, then cut a hole to slip your feet through. You wear these on top of your shoes!
  8. Ad

9. For the finishing touch, wear a green outfit!

This outfit was a hit and was made under an hour! Rarrrr!

I love it. i would never have thought of it. I hope you got lots of treats.

beautiful job..............I think your child will request you to make another one next year!!!!!

Really cute and creative!

Triceratops Costume
Making a Triceratops Costume
Crafts Halloween CostumesNovember 1, 2006
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Phantom Of The Opera Costume
Making a Batgirl Costume
Boy Behind Fence in Convict Costume
Making a Convict Costume
Earth Hour
Celebrating Earth Hour
🎉
🎄