Cleaning Vinyl Windows

Does anyone have a good tip for cleaning vinyl windows without leaving streaks? Thanks much!

Karen from Florida

Answers

We also have the vinyl windows on our 3 season porch and I didn't realize how much I would hate cleaning them! I have used a little Dawn dish soap and water and dry with an old cotton towel (no paper at all). I also have to use a vinyl spray to 'preserve the warranty', but it seems like this smears it more. I talked to the reps and they say the vinyl tends to hazy after awhile. I will never get these type windows again. They are a real pain to clean! I will try the vinegar but unsure about the greased lightning as it is not recommended to use anything other than water!

November 5, 2008 Flag

We live in Florida and have vinyl windows on our porch. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to clean them so there is no streaking or hazing? I always get a film on them after cleaning. I am using a Microfiber cloth to clean them. Thanks for the help.

Karen from Florida

Answers:

Cleaning Vinyl Windows

We too live in Florida and had vinyl windows. I used Greased lightning then follow with a clean damp sponge, then paper towel to dry. Hope it works for you.
Ceil (01/12/2006)

By CEIL

Cleaning Vinyl Windows

The absolute best, hands down method for cleaning any kind of window is to mix 2 parts water and 1 part vinegar and clean your windows with newspapers. It's amazing. (01/13/2006)

By Megan Risley

Cleaning Vinyl Windows

I think the newspaper will scratch the vinyl. You're not even suppose to use paper towel on them. Thanks for the suggestion. Appreciated.
Karifl (01/13/2006)

By Karifl

Home and Garden Cleaning WindowsJanuary 12, 2006
Cleaning Windows
Cleaning Lawn Service Chemicals from Windows
Cleaning a Vinyl Record
Cleaning Vinyl Records
Photo of spring cleaning supplies.
Cleaning Tar Off Vinyl
🎉
🎄