Decorating a White Bathroom

I need help with decorations with my bathroom. I have a white sink, frames, and tub. The walls are antique white and the counter top is black with speckles of antique white. Maybe some picture ideas? Any ideas will help. Thank you.

By Sally from Buffalo, NY

My bathroom is also all white with a dark grey counter top, at the moment I have lavender bath mats and towels, although it looks nice I feel it looks rather cold, but shopping recently I saw a display of lavender and rose pink towels together, I think it would look really good in a white bathroom, the pink would add a touch of warmth and goes really well with lavender.

It's hard to tell from the photo but it looks like you have a soft green shower curtain and I would play off that. You have a good basis to start with since you can introduce just about any color that isn't a primary or other bright, bright colors.

Creams, antique whites and beiges offer a lot to play with. Look in your wardrobe and see what colors you are drawn to. It's an old system that works because if you are likely to wear it, you will likely live with it without feeling uncomfortable or that it's forced.

The previous commenter had mentioned lavender and in thinking about my personal wardrobe, that would not work for me as I don't wear that color. I am drawn to sage, browns, oranges, etc. While I don't wear yellows, I do like mustardy (more like a Dijon mustard) colors, though I don't wear it (my personal skin tone doesn't work with yellows) it does coordinate well with the colors I wear.

Here's a great site to get an idea of a color palette if you find a different shower curtain you like, load it to a Photobucket or Flickr account then paste the address to find colors to go with it:

http://www.degraeve.com/color-palette/

I suggest some bird & flower pictures, if you grow flowers take pictures of them or get pictures out of magazines, frame them. I have the above in my bathroom, good luck.

Get some green plants in there. And some botanical prints for the wall would be nice. Put out some cheerful guest soaps in a pretty dish in your favorite color. Match it with toothbrush holder, cup and soap dish. If you have room for a hanging basket, this is always useful. Pretty guest towels in a color to match the other color would be nice. But the main thing is the plants. Ask the nursery which ones will work in a bathroom.

I think you could go with a seasonal approach or holidays. Fall colors with Fall decorations, Christmas, then light colors for Spring, Primary colors for Summer, etc. Red White and Blue in the summer maybe. You could keep a neutral color for the bath towels and shower curtain and just add rugs and accessories.

Personally I would say botanical prints for the walls. Sage green towels with perhaps a darker green for for bathmat and accessories. Any other colours you especially like will go well with these colours.

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating BathroomOctober 29, 2009
Cleaning Bathroom Mirrors, Reflection in a mirror of boy drying his hair with a blow dryer.
Cleaning Bathroom Mirrors
Replacing a Bathroom Faucet, Plumber Replacing Bathroom Faucet
Replacing a Bathroom Faucet
Bathroom Decorations
Decorating a Bathroom
Feng Shui Decorating, Feng Shui Decorating
Feng Shui Decorating
🎄
🍂