Quick Fix for a Broken Glasses Hinge

An excellent "quick-fix" for when you lose one of the tiny screws in your glasses: use a staple! Put it into the two screw holes, then use tweezers or some other "squeeze thing" to clamp it together to tighten it. You can easily bend the ends until they are not sticking up. It works great in an emergency!

By Becky from Watertown, WI

A great idea, but how can you see the staple and/or the screw holes without having your glasses on?! I even have a couple of the eyeglass repair kits (bought at 90% off when a store was going out of business) but can't see to use them.

Blind as a bat

You can also use a straight pin- stick it through the hole, bend it around, then clip off the end with a wire cutter.

Knowing these things happen, I've been saving every pair/ type of glasses in a basket for years. Now when something goes wrong other than lens

breakage, I can usually find the part! lol I also keep several strengths of magnifing glasses to help out, AND found a 10X strength magnifying MIRROR

that is a LIFE saver so that I can actually remove my glasses to attend to my facial/makeup needs! God

knows all of our needs/wants and is faithful to keep all of His promises to provide, praise His holy name!

When an emergency comes and no screws to fix those glasses just put a toothpick in and break off excess. Works wonders in a pinch.

Home and Garden Repair Other Eye GlassesAugust 10, 2006
Remembering Your Glasses
Remembering Your Glasses
A broken green dish in several pieces
Reusing Broken Dishes
Two Wine Glasses
Crafts Using Wine Glasses
Uses for Old Reading Glasses
Uses for Old Reading Glasses
🎄