Thanksgiving Yeast Rolls

Wonderful Recipe for Thanksgiving Yeast Rolls. Why not try making your own this year?

• 1/2 cup (1 stick) margarine
  • 1 cup 7-Up (I use diet)
  • 2 cups bread flour
  • 2 pkg. fast rising yeast
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 3/4 tsp. salt
  • 2 beaten eggs

Directions:

In pan with thermometer, heat margarine and 7-Up to 120 to 130 degrees F

Add to flour, yeast, salt and sugar (already mixed in large bowl) Beat for a couple of minutes with electric mixer

Add eggs and beat again, add enough additional flour to make a soft dough

Knead on floured surface till elastic

Put in large container sprayed with butter spray then spray top. Put in warm place till doubled, knead again and roll out and cut into rolls or make loaves of bread (you can do anything with this)

Bake at 400 degrees F for rolls, bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown. 350 degrees F for bread, bake 40-50 minutes until golden brown. You might want to brush the tops with beaten egg or melted margarine before you bake them. You can also use milk or buttermilk instead of the Seven Up.

By Debbie

I first assumed that you used 7 Up because the carbonation helped the dough rise. So I thought of using plain carbonated water instead. Then I read that you can substitute with milk or buttermilk. That had me assuming that you can use almost any liquid since milk and 7 Up are so different in terms of flavor, carbonation, sugar, fat, protein, etc. It seem as if the liquid has nothing to do with the bread's structure or texture. As such, I think it would be fun to substitute with fruit juices, tea, coffee and even meat broths for savory rolls. In fact, I might try using some V8 vegetable juice for tangy bread ... or maybe even a can of soup, i.e. clam chowder or minestrone, to add interest and nutrition. Will be very interesting! Thanks for the base recipe.

PS - I'm curious as to why 7 Up was be chosen in the first place. It's a very unusual choice as a cooking liquid.

Thanksgiving table with a roasted turkey
Thanksgiving Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes Holidays ThanksgivingNovember 20, 2004
A yeast free cheese pizza.
No Yeast Pizza Dough Recipes
Pumpkin soup inside a pumpkin.
Vegetarian Thanksgiving Recipes
Empty cardboard toilet paper rolls, ready for reusing.
Valentine Crafts Using Toilet Paper Rolls
Freshly baked white dinner rolls.
Saving Money on Dinner Rolls
🎉
🎄