Re-dyeing Hair

Can I re-dye my hair the same day? It's alburn red, and too red for me. I can't go out of my house, I will stop traffic it's so red. Can I dye it back to brown the same day or at least the next day?

By Tami P.

Best Answer

I would just try washing it a couple of times with regular shampoo. I find that even my "for colored hair" shampoo softens up the color after a couple of washings.

Best Answer

You can, but it's risky. Reds fade the quickest so it will be more reddish-golden after a time; if you can't wait, ask a stylist to tone it for you. They can pick something semi-permanent (and safe for color-treated hair) to tone it with, to help give you the color you were originally after.

If you give it a really good hot oil treatment you can but why not first try to get some of the red out. Use Dawn dish soap and wash your hair, maybe it will take 2x but I have heard of this being done. It should take out the redness down to a nice shade. You can color it twice; in fact many people get bleach and dye in same day every time. Home dyes aren't near as harsh as bleach.

If you do either please use a long, hot oil treatment. Whatever you have do it 2x as well as condition it well. Don't own a treatment use my favorite heat some olive oil up and wrap in plastic bag (from grocery if nothing else) let it set, that way you will not hurt your hair or damage it so breakage occurs.

Good luck!

I'm sure its not as bad as you think, bringing it down by using dish soap may be just the trick.

No you may turn out green or purple as many will testify. Go to the beauty shop and let a professional fix it.

One bottle of hair color I bought looked "orange" was to be blonde. When I put it on my hair, it was actually orange. I used another bottle of blonde the next day, turned out fine.

Wow! U bought a box of hair color that as you stated was supposedly to be a "blonde" color, but it looked orange to you?? That's why we have to be extra careful when it comes to dying our hair with any color that comes from the store and not a professional beauty supply shop like Sally's! So if anything I've got to tell y'all ladies that if you want to dye your hair, whatever color you r wanting, or interested in seeing on your hair just go to Sally's Beauty Supplies or any other beauty supply place like Sally's! And they can help you get all that you need in order to have a pleasant experience dying your hair and to achieve the hair color that y'all want! Or go to your closest hair salon, one where they have stylists that are colonists also and that way you can be guaranteed to have the color you want and it will always look great! Currently going to school for my cosmetologist degree/license !

I colored my hair two weeks ago and wanted a light blonde and it came out to brassy can I recolor it now with another blonde color?

I dyed my hair with Sally's hair color but the color is orange. I do not want to even go outside! I want to use a light ash brown color. Can it safely cover the orange shade? I will try the Dawn soap first but I cannot see it helping unless it erases the orange.

I have green hair and don't like it i want to go black but did it on Tuesday can I dye it on Saturday