Baby Gift Ideas for a Great Granddaughter

I need suggestions for a gift for a soon-to-be great granddaughter. It's been much too long for this babe to know what is good and 'cool'.

Jeanne from Cortez, CO

Try making a diaper cake, instructions are easy to find on line. Various sizes of disposable diapers are always needed and appreciated.

Something special from her Great Grandmother! Something that only you could give her. Something that she can keep forever that will mean a lot to her when she grows older. It will be cool because You gave it to her.

For something else how about a car seat, a baby swing, a cradle, a high chair, a playpen, or a case of diapers. Or maybe start a savings account for her. It gets expensive with all the equipment that a baby needs!

How about a photo album of your side of the family with little notes written in your handwriting about each photo? Be sure to add stories no one else could of your life.

When my granddaughters were born, I was 60 plus. In addition to the items from the baby register I bought the large plastic storage boxes and am filling them with things like the newspaper, Time magazine from the day they were born and I find myself adding things often, baby photos of their dad, a favorite recipe, articles about their dad when he played sports, etc.

Another wonderful gift is a gift card to a baby photographer. There are never enough dollars for a young family to spend on those once in a life time pictures.

I had 2 showers this spring and I made them each a diaper cake, it was my first time, but they were a huge hit! One was a frog theme for a baby boy and the other was a teddy bear theme for a little girl. I used sleepers, toys homemade soaps and lots of goodies. I used different ribbons to all tie in and topped each cake with a huge stuffed animal. If you want you can stick in gift certificates. Use your imagination. It is fun and a very unique gift.

Have fun. I added a pic of the froggy cake.

How about a nice Nursery Rhymes book that you date and sign . Teacher friends say that the little kids are not getting the three "R's" as they should, Rhyme, Rythm and Repetition. The love of reading is so important to little minds.

Anything from GreatGrandma would be wonderful heirloom if like a crocheted baby aghgan. You may be not crochet but anything would be a nice heirloom. If you aren't crafty, a silver item such as a cup thats monogramed. I made an aphgan for a great nephew last year in the nursery colors and arranged it in a basket with stuff like Tempra drops, Mylicon drops, diapers, baby oragel, Desitin ointment, etc. I've seen these done in baby bathtubs too! So many young mommies need those things in the middle of the night! And so many are on a tight budgets and don't have a clue as to what they are going to be needing for a first baby!

Holidays and Parties Gifts BabiesJune 5, 2008
Fishing gear.
Making a Fishing Gift Basket
Baby Shower Cookies
Baby Shower Favor Ideas
Decorations and food on a table at a baby shower.
Baby Shower Ideas
People attending a baby shower.
Saving Money on a Baby Shower
🎄