Treating Toenail Fungus

Does anyone know what can stop the itch of toenail fungus? I use Vicks and tree tea oil, but is there anything better? Please help, I am desperate.

By Rosie from FL

Best Answer

Reader's Digest had an article on it this month, and their recommendation is half Listerine (the amber colored one--it won't stain your feet like the blue will, apparently) and half white vinegar; you soak your toes in it a couple of times a week.

Best Answer

Go to your nearest "Sally's" beauty supply store. Go to the nail section and pick up a bottle of "fung off" or another brand, I think they have two. Use it as directed. It costs very little. People who have acrylic nails sometimes get fungus under them and this is how they cure it. If there is no Sally's store near you go to a local nail shop and ask if they will sell you a bottle.

I have had it on my left foot only for many years. I have tried oral meds as well as topical. Last year a laser treatment became available in my area. It was quite costly ($750 per foot,) but said it had a highly successful record of curing the nail fungus. If it didn't improve visibly in 6 mo, they offered to give me another treatment at no cost. Well the first treatment did nothing, nor did the 2nd treatment, and here it is about 6 mo. later and I could swear it has spread to another toe, after having not done so in 15 years. I am highly disappointed. Don't waste your money on that treatment.

Photo of a toe with toenail fungus.
Getting Rid of Toenail Fungus
Health & Beauty AdviceApril 20, 2011
woman caring for a peace plant
Getting Rid of Fungus Gnats
hole in sock exposing big toe nail with smiley face
Treating A Damaged Toenail
Health Benefits of Oregano Oil
Health Benefits of Oregano Oil
Treating the Soil After Tomato Blight
Treating Soil After Tomato Blight