Painting Walls to Coordinate With Sage Green Furniture

This is a guide about painting walls to coordinate with sage green furniture. The color of the furniture in a room dictates what colors will work best when painting the walls.

July 2, 2011 Flag

We recently purchased a sofa set that is sage green. What wall colors, other than white, would go well with the sage? This is our first home so we are kind of stuck!

By Amanda Y.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

Soft beige/tan would be my choice. Go to a store like Home Depot and bring home a bunch of paint sample papers. They come in decent sizes these days and hold them up against your sofa. You want to sofa, pillows, rugs, draperies, lamps, etc. to bring the color into the room. If you stay with neutral walls, every and any color accessory will go. Go to the HGTV website and search around for paint colors, room colors. You will get some fantastic ideas, free! If you make a mistake, don't worry, it's only paint. As long as the colors are light, you can paint over if you change your mind. Have fun.

Best Answer

Try pale grey. Your best bet is to get the free paint samples, lay them on the sofa and view in all lights, then start eliminating over a few days. with the final few, tape to the wall and look at them again. You will find the final color

Try lavender and cream.

I think that a very pale yellow or a coral would look nice with the sage. Gray accents would go with either color.

I would suggest that you think in terms of colors that are natural in nature. Think of tans, beige, coral, browns, even a different shade of green. If you think in terms of one palate it will all match together well. Sage is a beautiful color to work with.

November 6, 2010 Flag

I have sage green furniture (sofa/loveseat/chair/ottoman.) The walls are tomato red and I want a lighter color. I have oak trim throughout the whole house. What color would go well that is a neutral/light color?

By Mary from Deridder, LA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

Tan, taupe, peach or yellow. Select a light tone of whatever color you decide on.

Best Answer

I also have a large sage-colored couch, and my walls are a taupe-like color. The actual paint color was called weimaraner - like the dog. If you look up that, you'll see the color.

But I like the idea of light terra cotta!

A light terra cotta would be awesome!

Choosing a Paint Color
Paint Color Advice to Coordinate with Furniture
Home and Garden Home Improvement PaintingJanuary 16, 2017
Painting Over Smoke Stained Walls
Painting Over Smoke Stained Walls
Red amaranth flowers.
Growing Amaranth
A pair of red leather chairs in a white room.
Paint Color to Coordinate with Red Furniture
A brown leather sofa on a wood floor in front of a white wall.
Painting Walls to Coordinate with Brown Furniture
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 24, 2017 at 8:27:31 PM on 10.0.0.173 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.